Do You still Believe Some of the Doctrines?

by cameo-d 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Once you dig deep enough to see that the bible is totally fake, then there really is no basis to believe any of it.

"Do unto others..." is a universal truism that all cultures and religions have, this is not unique to christians.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Once you dig deep enough to see that the bible is totally fake, then there really is no basis to believe any of it.
    "Do unto others..." is a universal truism that all cultures and religions have, this is not unique to christians.

If the Bible is totally fake, how can it contain universal truisms? The Bible might very well be 'totally fake' - but if some people are still able to draw something from it which helps them live better lives for themselves, where's the problem? Anyhoo, back to the original question. I wouldn't say I believe some doctrines - but I do agree in part with some of them still - such as paradise earth, the soul, hell and blood (what a combo!!). I don't see these things as being critical to my salvation though so I don't worry about 'being right'.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no Trinity. The fact that the Trinity is a Biblical teaching was because people commonly make the mistake of taking Jesus' teachings literally. If you view Jesus calling himself God as a metaphor intended to assist people in gaining personal authority, that sort of ruins the whole Trinity doctrine because Jesus is nothing more than an ordinary person with an extraordinary method of teaching.

There is no eternal Hellfire punishment. Again, that is a metaphor, and the punishment is actually dying stagnant, having accomplished nothing worthwhile. And even if there was a Hell, a spirit would not suffer in there. Heat hurts because it physically damages flesh, which spirits have not.

• recovering
    recovering

When I take the bible's advice and examine their doctrines ,The only doctrines I believe in are these quotes from the bible...

Jer 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Of course I think these scriptures apply to the witnesses

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

One unique god, no trinity, Jesus sacrifice, no eternal torments, paradise earth hope, maybe heavenly class (but who belongs ? don't know).

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I had a long talk with my sister this morning. She would love me to come to her church to get to know God. They believe in a trinity, the earth will be burned up (New Heavens and New Earth), not sure about the hell thing, but everyone goes to heaven to worship god. I told her I need more than that. We exchanged ideas and I asked her loads of questions she told me she couldn't answer because we were on the phone. They believe God is Sovereign and in charge of Universe. She had cancer 19 years ago and is cured. She believes god gave it to her. I told her I could never believe in a god like that. How loving is that? So many people here want me to come to their church for comfort and it will fix all my problems. Oh yeah, I think they just don't understand once you get all the crap from the wt in your head for so many years it is hard to erase some of the ideas that make sense. Just can't believe that anyone has all the answers anymore. I am working on living my life like I would like others to treat me and not hurt anyone it the process. I am not able to do that perfectly. I get angry and say things that continue to get me into hot water. I want so much to believe in an Almighty God but don't know right now.

Kit

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

The only doctrine that I believe is that there is no hell fire. I tend to believe there is an afterlife but not the WTS's limited version.

My father died 3 weeks ago and the question came to my mind - where is he now? I had a feeling maybe he did in fact go to heaven and I wondered if he now knows the truth about the WTS.

When that occurred to me I ran to the living room to tell my daughter and she almost started crying. Since she believes you must be born again (and as a JW he was not) she had the terrible thought that he was in a burning hell. I could never ever believe that. It did make me feel better thinking maybe he now knows the real truth.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Nope , without any doubt, the whole ballpark is a fraud, every nook and crannie, and share to everyone as well, the whole thing is fake/wrong etc

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

No trinity, no immortal soul, no hell, heavenly hope for some and eternal life on a paradise earth for most. I can put my hand on my heart and say I'm convinced the JW's have those doctrines correct. The rest is all debateable.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

>> If the Bible is totally fake, how can it contain universal truisms?

When I say the bible is fake, I mean that it is not the inspired book it claims to be. Anyone can write a book and put down universal truisms. Pick any religious book and you'll find the same stuff.

I never said there was a problem if people like to choose this book and pick out the nuggets they find helpful. I was saying that since the witnesses base their teachings loosly on the bible, and knowing that the bible is not "inspired", therefore we can conclude that the foundation of this religion is missing. You can probably pick out just as much moral guidance or whatever else your looking for from the latest disney flick though, and be entertained at the same time. That's value for money.

So far the only thing that you all agree on is with things the JWs DONT believe! They also don't believe that space aliens built the pyramids. I agree with that too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit