Trying to find Faith

by Lostfromthefaith 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lostfromthefaith
    Lostfromthefaith
    Hi im a 14 year old former Catholic trying to find a religion and or faith my parents will drop me off at a service they support me no matter what I was wondering if anyone can prove to me their is a God cause right now im confused!
  • Lostfromthefaith
    Lostfromthefaith
    What if their isnt a god hell or heaven devil or soul what if that all is fake?
  • What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Do you have a library card Lostfromthefaith?

You probably feel like your world has been turned upside down? Are your parents in Catholicism?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

14?!?!?! Oh GEEZE your young! Just be calm, read some books, say "NO" to drugs.

What do you like to do? Music, Art, Science? Don't worry about "God", he can e-mail you if he needs something.

DD

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Lostfromfaith welcome to the forum.

I have been researching this question about evidence for a god for a long time. I would advise you to really take your time. You can focus on things that will reinforce what you want to be true or you can seek out the very best arguments against it and see if it stands up. How brave are you?

You have decades to reach a conclusion. Enjoy being young for now. Stay miles away from groups like the Watchtower who will crush your personality and control everything you do, say and think.

I will give you one answer to be getting on with. There is no hell. Stop worrying.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    What if their isnt a god hell or heaven devil or soul what if that all is fake?

Then you can lead the rest of your one and only life free from the superstitious nonsense inflicted on mankind since cave dwellers tried to come up with reasons / excuses for what they saw around them with their limited knowledge.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well there maybe a god but none mentioned in the Bible are real. Or at the very least proven they exist. Most of the God's mentioned in the Bible can be trace all the way back to Sumerian. I'm finding that evolution has a lot of proof but how life got started and who if anything created the laws of physics etc. I don't know.

Marcus Arulius had maybe the best idea. He said live a righteous life and if there are God's they will judge you well, if they don't then they are God's you don't want to have anything to do with anyway.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Don't go to jw's, that's for sure. Don't worry about hełł either.

I found God in the New Testament book of John, but please take your time. You shouldn't feel anxiety about this. You have all the time in the world, and if you decide you don't know what to believe in, that's ok too. You are very blessed to have such supportive parents!! Relish that. Very few of us were in that situation.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

you are a as wise young lady, but. "Twenty years from now you will be more

disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. Catch

the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream and Discover".____ Mark Twain

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I was wondering if anyone can prove to me their is a God cause right now im confused!

I'm confused, too, and I'm 40 years older than you. I really commend you for being concerned about serious things and seeking deeper things at such a young age. So many people your age couldn't care less about deeper things.

I'm still trying to find out whether there is a god. I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses for many years and being one did not remove my doubts about the existence of god. I am starting on a journey of reading and researching to try to reach some firm decisions. I would like to have some firm answers before I die, but realize I probably won't. Maybe, if there is a god, he appreciates the very acting of seeking and questioning on our part even if we don't find answers.

So I encourage you to be a kind, loving, caring person. Seek knowledge. Educate yourself in many different academic fields - math, science, history, philosophy, etc. Your being educated in those areas will help you in seeking answers in the area of religion. Continue to question and seek answers. Maybe one day we will find our answers.

I would not encourage you to associate with Jehovah's Witnesses. As one, you would not really serve any god; you would serve an organization. You would not really even learn the Bible as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. You would only be taught JW doctrine.

Feel free to stay on this forum and ask questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit