JWD 2008 ... 218 Countries Served

by Simon 46 Replies latest forum announcements

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Wow, cool.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Germany is the first not English-speaking country on the list. :-)

• DaCheech
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm amazed at how many Islamic countries viewed the site.

• Mary
    Mary

Simon I think you should put this on your Field Service Report and send it into Crooklyn for the 2009 Yearbook.

• Simon
    Simon

I would have to make the forum software multi-lingual (not a huge task but a task)

The main issue is as OUTLAW mentioned and would be controlling the content. It is probably best to leave different language forums to the people who speak those languages although having some sort of auto-translation could be very useful for people who are perhaps more vulnerable (in the countries where the WTS is expanding).

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I would suggest that you would have a limited net gain for foreign countries at the expense of spamming if you included foreign language conversion. In Cameroon, a lot of JW's go to internet cafe's. The download speeds outside of the western world is poor, and the time most JW's would have to do serious research is limited. I would guess this is similar elsewhere in other parts of the 3rd world.

Just one viewpoint, but I bet it would create more problems then it would solve.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I find that 4500+ from India is interesting considering that there are only about 50K JWs there... I wonder if my ex-fiancee is on here?

and even funnier that 3 are from St. Helena (my pseudo location currently)

Snakes ()

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

fantastic news

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

21:03:28 2009-02-04

Wow. Wow. Whoa. HOw many hits alltogether?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit