The Book Evolutionists DON'T Want You To Read.

by hooberus 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont believe in the bible at least not as a Christian.

And I have read it cover to cover 5 times and daily for 10 years.

I used to be a Christian, but life is a journey a growing process. Being a JW is like day care or kindergarden.

But I dont think we evolved in the time frames that are available here.

I think we were genetically engineered by human like creatures from space.

The Summerians or the Gods of the Summerians.

Thats when recorded history began on this planet.

And they telll us the gods are people from space.

The bible pretty much confirms that.

Check out the "Gods of Eden" by William Bramley you will never see things the same.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    As I said before, the weakness of the Haldane's dilemma argument is that it assumes that substitutions are occurring sequentially. In the real world, many genes are being selected simultaneously.

The Question Creationists DON'T Want You To Ask.

Btw, I consider Burn's theism much more robust than Hooberus's since it does not depend on the literal correctness of the Genesis account.

Robustness, however, is not the accurate label for the Biotic Message Theory, what predictions does it make? how does it interpret recent findings? what are its practical applications? how does it improve our lives?

hamilcarr

• inkling
    inkling
    Haldane discovered that higher vertebrates such as mammals (organisms with low reproduction) cannot have plausibly evolved within the available time. In particular, he discovered that a rapid turnover (or substitution) of mutations into a population incurs a cost that must be paid by the reproduction of the species. Species with low reproduction cannot plausibly pay this cost fast enough to drive evolution at the high rates claimed by evolutionists.

Right. So they cannot manage to evolve fast enough when only given a few million years,
    but they have no problem starting from a few "kinds", branching into every known species
    in the 4000 years since the flood.

Makes total f**king sense.

[inkling]

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Gosh! Read what you want. Believe what you want. Just don't hand me a glass of piss and call it lemonade!

Dave (a primate)

• Gerard
    Gerard

As a molecular biologist I can tell you this book's "science" is completely wrong, misleading and propagandistic.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hamilcarr, there is another assumption in Haldane's dilemma that has ocurred to me as well. It treats a population as a single pool. As we know, species can be geographically divided into differerent populations by geographic factors etc. The different populations then develop unique features due to gene drift and selection pressures. If this process goes on long enough, speciation is presumed to result. A good example of this is ring species. If there is a change of factors before true speciation, there can be a reestablishment of genetic contact between the different populations resulting in a sharing genes. This could have happened with archaic hominids. Instead of a single population facing the mathematical certainties that Haldane delineated, we have multiple populations facing them at the same time then sharing the results. Again, this is another parallelization of the process. This would also act to speed up the rate of change.

I found this interesting article on introgression between various populations of archaic hominids, and it makes specific mention of Haldane in the first paragraph:

http://www.gnxp.com/blog/2006/11/neanderthal-introgression.php

Hooberus sees no point in wasting time on technical subjects with "such persons" as me and former posters on this board. However, he is the one that demonstrates the shallowest understanding in this debate, as he cannot even present the concepts on his own, all he does is engage in ad hominems, dodging the issue, and copy and pastes.

BTS

• hooberus
    hooberus
    As a molecular biologist I can tell you this book's "science" is completely wrong, misleading and propagandistic.

Thats what you said earlier, when you admitted that you hadn't actually read the book -but only the preface that was posted.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/148600/2714534/post.ashx#2714534

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

the only problem is that neanderthals and homo sapiens couldn't interbreed. Unless there was a hominim that linked the 2, but there is no evidence for that, so it would be pure speculation.

edit - can viruses cause gene mutations like that?

• hooberus
    hooberus

Hooberus sees no point in wasting time on technical subjects with "such persons" as me and former posters on this board. However, he is the one that demonstrates the shallowest understanding in this debate, as he cannot even present the concepts on his own, all he does is engage in ad hominems, dodging the issue, and copy and pastes.

BTS

More precisely, http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/170038/3147992/post.ashx#3147992 "I see no reason to spend any more lengthy time on technical subjects with such persons (the previous two evolutionists were responed to in detail)."

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    edit - can viruses cause gene mutations like that?

Not really mutations, but horizontal gene transfer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_gene_transfer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit