Prove the Truth to yourself.

by integ 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Then go back and find out who God is.

And before you do that go back and find out who/what you are.

Right on! its all on the journey.

Your on the right track.

• White Dove
    White Dove

So much for "giving a reply to those who are taunting you." I thought JW's were always supposed to have a reply handy at all times for this kind of thing.

• musky
    musky

"it isn't up to me to prove the Truth to you, YOU need to prove the Truth to yourself".

I don't have a problem with that comment. She was taking a message she believed was true and telling someone else about it.

I do have a problem with her not answering questions about the Watchtowers past. Nothing at all wrong with asking questions. The fact that they were not answered should raise big red flags!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

My answer to the apostate charge has been to ask who wrote what I brought up. I get a "don't know" answer and then say "You just called them an apostate, and you don't know who they are. If they are not an apostate, then you just slandered this person."

That will usually shut doen the apostate accusation as the accuser will be averse to being found a slanderer.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    She told the study that "it isn't up to me to prove the Truth to you, YOU need to prove the Truth to yourself".

Translation: If you have questions/concerns about our history and teachings, then you really don't get what we're about and what role you're supposed to be playing according to the script.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

hmmm - I reckon that witnesses doesn't know the answers and therefore has to come up with an escape route. If she said that to me - I'd be "it's your religion & you're trying to convert me.....so prove that your religion is the truth as you claim & if you can't or won't then it's obvious to me that you don't know"

• wobble
    wobble

Right on the mark Loubelle !

I think I will use a similar attitude when my Dubbie relatives have a go to get me to go back "O.K I have doubts,so prove to me it is the troof"

Love

Wobble

• sacolton
    sacolton
    I never heard anyone say they needed to prove to themselves it was the truth ...
    Yes, the "make the truth your own" song is the confirmation that JWs will believe and accept anything coming from the Watchtower.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"it isn't up to me to prove the Truth to you, YOU need to prove the Truth to yourself".............A door to door Vaccum Cleaner Salesman would`nt say somthing that stupid!.."It is`nt up to me to sell you this Vaccum,you need to sell the vaccum to yourself!!"...........................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Yes, the "make the truth your own" song is the confirmation that JWs will believe and accept anything coming from the Watchtower.

I just met the person who wrote that song... and yes, he's an ExJW, LOL...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit