DA Letter

by sooner7nc 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

I Like this one the best!!

To: The Elder body of the ______ ______ congregation of JWs

F*** You and the Horse you rode in on. I'm outta here.

Sincerely

Sooner7nc

I understand the need to write the letter though. I remember at first when I left, I said I would never write a letter. Wouldnt need to as I know how I feel. But, the more I think and feel about it. People, witnesses, family, still view me as a dub. I still have this fear of being DF'd, so I probly still would not experience things because if a local witness found out. My thinking has more come around to possibly writing a letter. To let everyone know. This is who i am. Take it or leave it.

My dad is crazy cool about everything and has tons of doubts himself. But, asked me if I was starting to celebrate christmas. Apparently something got back to him. He wasnt giving me the talk or anything. But, just said I should be careful because the "brothers" only needed one stupid little thing like that to DF me.

I have had a few things on my mind on what to do. Ive thought about just writing kinda like a DA letter just to my family. Those are the ones that count anyways. Ive also thought about just taking the wife and move away where no one knows us, so it wont matter what we do.

Anyways, didnt mean to hi-jack your thread.

But, I know a lot of people feel that you give them the power when writing the letter, which I used to think to. But nowadays I am thinking its either you pull the trigger or them. I am the type of person who would pull the trigger rather then giving them any satisfaction.

But, I thought it was a good letter. Although, I think letter from above is the better.

TIMBOB

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I do understand you wanting to be the one that breaks ties. On the other hand...after years of wishing I had done the same...I now feel that what is the point. It does feel no matter what it is still the rules they laid out.

Now when my family tells me it is my choice for not seeing them...I say back that I have no problem being with them, and they are welcome anytime. So it lies with what they choose to do. I did not walk from them. They CHOSE to stay where they are. That was a s close as I could get to making my own views apparenat to them.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Personally, just my opinion, if it were me.....

I would stick to one subject...the blood and gossip issue.

I would use scripture against them for gossip and bearing false witness and "all day long men plot against me" and throw it back in their faces to shame them. I would use scriptures that talk about meddlesome people.

I would make them respond to MY one man JC after showing them biblically that they are out of line and acting against scriptural advisements. I would call them on the carpet for their actions and shame them according to the scriptures I would bring up.

Then, after they respond, I would continue the DA letter bringing up the other issues.

My reason would be to throw them under the train scripturally before I show my hand.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think the letter idea is a good one Sooner, for the reason that you are empowering yourself and placing judgment on to them, instead of the

other way around, in essence lowering them down a few notches

to any divine being.

I might change that to "Jehovah and his son Jesus Christ "

and perhaps at the end of the letter, instead of organization try so faulty and disingenuous of an organization .

Again chopping deliberately at their power and lowering them down somewhat.

Deceivingly devised power needs to be hacked at to truly reveal what it really is !

All the best on your new life

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thursday 12/25/2008

To the Body of Elders of the M******l W***s congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses,

I wish to state, first of all, that I take no pleasure in writing you this letter.

That's as far as they'll get.

It will go in the circular file.

They don't want to know the reasons you are rejecting their satanic cult.

Just make it plain and simple and let them do the rest:

To the Body of Elders of the M******l W***s congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses,

I quit.

Do not call me.

Sincerely,

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thats not necessarily true Honesty, I think most of them will indeed read the letter, particularly if its personally addressed with a name on it

but of course like you say there will obviously be some that will just read the first sentence and not bother to read the rest of the letter.

I think its a good idea to write a letter like this from the standpoint that it helps the person involved in this case Sooner to clearly resolve the situation mentally with the JWS

and to help them on their way in their new direction.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A letter can be yielding to their authority, or it can be as assertion of your own. It's all in the content and the reason for sending it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This letter clearly expresses you feelings. I noted the other grammatical and spelling corrections, and here is one more: "I believe that the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses is a high control cult that damage its’ members severely." Please use the word "damages" not "damage".

• horrible life
    horrible life

Sooner, are you going to send just one letter to the cong, or to each elder at his home? I would to their home, so they have a better chance to read what you have written.

In celebration of your soul's separation from this cult, I will think of you, and predict that on Jan 8, 2009, that the Oklahoma Sooners OU will become the 2008 National Champions!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Regardless of what others say here, they will read the letter in it's entirety.

Your letter is fine. Other than the typos, I would leave it alone and not take on
    any suggestions about changing/shortening it.

I also disagree with those that try to talk you out of this. You state that you
    want to cut the ties, and you make it clear how you want to do that. While
    I may do it differently, I respect each person's decision on whether to fade,
    DA, face a JC, walk away, fight like hell, whatever.

The important thing is to remove all their power over you. This is your way to
    do so. Rock on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit