DA Letter

by sooner7nc 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

You do not have to play by their rules. "You" have the ability to say whether or not what you want to do. "You" do not need a letter. It is a mental decision

I understand your point, and it does make sense, but writing the letter gives me the feeling inside that I am dictating the rules to them and not the other way around.

• Dune
    Dune

I didn't send a letter, but i understand why you'd want to.

I also liked the 'douchebaggery' part, lol.

• bubble
    bubble

Just out of interest, did you give blood or was it just a blood test?

• Confession
    Confession

Hi Sooner... Thought you did a fine job; especially the ending line. I noticed your trying to make sure the punctuation was correct in your use of the two forms of its/it's. I think you'll find the following to be helpful: It's is a contraction of "it is." And, while apostrophes are often used to indicate possession, as in, "This is Sooner's letter of disassociation," it is not used when using the possessive form of it. The correct thing is to leave out the apostrophe, leaving it its. (The Watchtower Society or its subsidiaries.)

I think you'll find this to be correct, and I don't ordinarily point out this sort of thing--unless someone asks.

I envy your brevity. I think, should I ever decide to write such a letter, it'll be eight pages to start!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

good letter. If you feel the need to do it, that is up to you, though previous comments give the pros and cons of doing so.

hope your wife is doing OK despite the intrusive questioning by those idiot elders.

Snakes ()

PS to confession:

i noticed the its/it's thing also....he did say it was a draft......however.....in your reply:

I noticed your trying to make sure the punctuation was correct in your use...

you're/your.... the first use of "your" should be "you're" as in... "I noticed you are trying..."... The second use of your was correct. Just saying....lol

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thanks to BlueBrother, Quirky1 and all the others for the comments.

Let me give a little background information that might make this a bit more clear for everybody. My wife was brought into this religion at approx. the age of 12-13 in this same small town(15000 pop.) that we still live in. I was raised as a JW in another state, and have lived here for 11 years. We've been married 13 great years, and have been through alot together, including her illness(End-Stage Renal failure). It may sound ludicrous, but excepting the peritoneal dialysis, done at home, and suffering from fatigue, my wife is actually in very good health. Her other organ systems are in excellent shape, and this has made her a prime candidate for a kidney transplant, of which she is expected to do very well. I've given the writing of this letter, indeed this whole step, a serious amount of thought, and have come to the conclusion that it's best to just get it out of the way.

Now, as for this affecting her relationship with this congregation, I've lucked out, in that she actually attends a Spanish congregation a few miles away. This may not help much, but who knows?

As for the person that told them the comment from my boss; She's a JW of long standing, and close personal friend of the old PO

sooner7nc

• carla
    carla

I'd like to see all the DA letters in USA Today or at least in local city papers myself, I think they would do so much good informing the public about jw's. Maybe a new website that contains all DA letters? Anyway, I think yours sounds good but I'm not one to judge a DA letter never being a jw. I don't know how you guys contain your letters to less than a book to begin with there's so much to work with in why one wouldn't want to be a jw anymore. Good luck with all you will soon endure da-ing yourself. Wishing good health to your wife.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Damnit ya'll! Commas are our friend.

Funny thing, a couple of years ago in Freshman college English, the Prof. told me that she enjoyed my essays very much, but that I needed to brush up on punctuation. I just thought she was being bitchy.

bubbles I did, and continue to, give blood.

• sacolton
    sacolton
    Douchebaggery

Definition for those who don't know ...

douchebaggery
    1)The philosophy held by douchebags, holding that no one other than themselves (or perhaps their close associates) matters in the least bit, and thus that other human beings can and should be treated like complete excrement for little or no reason (and often for selfish reasons). Closely related to fascism, which has been practiced by control freak s such as Adolf Hitler. 2)The act of putting this philosophy into practice. 1)Some notable (historical and otherwise) adherents of douchebaggery: Josef Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, George W. Bush, Adolf Hitler, Andrew Jackson, George Lincoln Rockwell, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan 2)Examples of douchebaggery in practice, varying in scope and intensity (in the order of the above adherents): fascism; violent political oppression; winning an election through obvious fraud and subsequently invading Iraq based on admitted lies; the Holocaust; the genocide of the Native Americans; the founding of the American Nazi Party; more violent political oppression; declaring jihad on an entire country and slaughtering 3,000 innocent cubicle workers as part of it; declaring a War on Drugs based largely on the delusion that "every one of those goddamn bastards out to legalize marijuana is a Jew" (direct quote from President Richard Nixon); treating the Constitution and the natural environment as a set of obstacles to be overcome.
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Good luck with all you will soon endure da-ing yourself. Wishing good health to your wife.

We've already endured enough. The DA-ing is the start of a new brighter day. I look forward to it.

Thanks very much for the well wishes.

sooner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit