I can't believe what I did.

by reneeisorym 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I dont trust giving money to charity Organisations...as I know that only some of the monies get thru to the person....so thats pretty damn effective....just pick someone...cut out the middle man.

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

Hey, Honey when you get that urge again, can you let me know

• happy1975
    happy1975

That is wonderful!! If I could afford it, I'd do it too. As far as the person that you picked....there are no accidents.

Happy

• NanaR
    NanaR

Renee, what she does with the money really doesn't matter. What matters is that you did something good from your heart.

Did you ever see the movie "Pay It Forward"?

Kindness does make a difference.

God bless you!

Ruth

• snowbird
    snowbird

No, you're not crazy.

I've done things like that. Not $100, though.

Not to steal your thunder, but I remember a lady and her three kids were at McDonald's; it seemed everything the kids asked for, they were scolded and told No! by the mother.

I quietly pulled her aside and told her to let them order whatever they wanted. (I'd just received my income tax refund).

Her eyes widened with surprise and amazement, due partly to the fact that I'm Black and she's White, I'm sure.

I felt so good doing that.

Sylvia

• musky
    musky

I was checking out "craigslist" once and came across a comment from someone who was at a Walmart checkout and was given $100.00 by the lady in back of her. The person was shocked and the lady said she was blessed and wanted to share what she had.The person that received the money was white and the person giving was black. The person commented how they had predudiced feelings and that what this lady did had really affected how they felt about that. Anyway, if you want to know, maybe this person you gave the money to, also posted on craigslist? Slim chance though huh?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The person was shocked and the lady said she was blessed and wanted to share what she had.The person that received the money was white and the person giving was black. The person commented how they had predudiced feelings and that what this lady did had really affected how they felt about that.

It's better to tear down a wall one brick at a time.

When I was growing up, A White lady up the road from us let my mother milk one of her two cows. We were so happy about this and ate many a meal of cornbread and buttermilk.

A lady down the road from us had 5 or 6 milk cows, but didn't make any offer. Anyone wanna guess her race?

Sylvia

• Quandry
    Quandry

Renee

What you did was wonderful. Think of how it may have helped the family that received your gift.

My husband is a pharmacy technician in Walgreens. A lady came through the drivethrough and gave him fifty dollars, saying "Give this to a person who needs it." A short time later, a woman came in to buy medicine for her child. She had no insurance. Hubbie passed along the money, telling the woman that it came from an anonymous donor. The woman was obviously happy, and it sure made hubbie's day, too!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'm hoping that if she ever wants to give up on there being any kindness left in the world, she'll remember that day she was at Wal-Mart. I might never know the story there. I wish I would have had the courage to talk to her a moment. My boldness ran out after giving her the money. :) I'll just have to trust that God was there and it wasn't an accident. I may never do this again. I usually give to people when I know the story. I may give smaller amounts if I do this again, or buy gifts/meals from now on. I think I may try to do more random acts of kindness money involved or not. I'll never forget this, though.

• Vinny
    Vinny

That was a nice thing to do. Though by posting your good deed here publicly for all to read and talk about it, it loses something.

Matthew 6:2 "So whenever you give to the poor, don't blow a trumpet before you like the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets so that they will be praised by people. I tell you with certainty, they have their full reward!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit