I can't believe what I did.

by reneeisorym 88 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

You're a special person for doing this. It doesn't matter what she does with the money because I'm sure she will use some of it on the kids.

I did something similar a few years ago, but it wasn't quite $100.00

Helping someone in need makes a person feel better.

HappyDad

• still_in74
    still_in74

i saw that on the news and I was moved by it also. You are not losing your mind, you are finding your "unconditional" love for humanity.

You love people, not just certain kinds of people. While I dont believe in Karma there is definitely something about it that seems to always ring true. Good for you!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Next time pick 5 people and give them a twenty. You'll feel just as good.

PS. Of course, you are crazy but there are worse things.

• calico
    calico

No matter what she does with the money--THAT WAS VERY SWEET! You are not crazy!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I worked at a food bank and regularly moved out of protocol by giving certain clients a ride home. Don't feel stupid EVER for being kind. Your kindness AND sanity is not dependent on another person. It is all on you. You should not feel bad-quite the contrary. And hope they appreciated it!

If you want to be sure it will be used well, send it to St. Jude's or Heifer or something. I like them both-my charities of choice.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What a sweet person you are!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Please tell me which Walmart your frequent and when your shopping days are.

I wear sackcloth and ashes all the time.

• oompa
    oompa

Awesome girl!...now go do it a thousand more times....THEN we will know you are nuts!!...unless you are a gazillionare....and in that case...PLEASE PM ME!!!............oompa

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'll be at walmart in the morning around 8:00am, meet me by the deli I'll be wearing beat up sweats and my hair will be a mess. I don't have any little kids but I'll try to round up a couple

Renee - don't be too hard on yourself, if you had it to give and it made you feel good, good for you. Don't worry too much what other people think. Maybe she needed it, maybe not you will never know. Personally I wouldn't have, but I also have 3 sons that always have their hands out for anything I have extra, sometimes not so extra. They never look needy, maybe I'm the sucker

nj

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I never hand out money randomly like that as I'd be crushed to think that I'd contributed someway to someones drug or alcohol habit, But, I have been known to to buy meals for people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit