computer question

by rekless 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Dan what is the CPU that your using , how much ram do you have, what is the size of the HD that you have,

If all of these aspects of the system you have aren't suitable for XP it may be a no go.

• rekless
    rekless

win 98

127.0 mb ram

76% free

intell I think

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm confused. Are you buying a new computer? Or, are you asking whether or not you should upgrade your existing hardware to a new operating system?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Dan with that that much RAM I would stick to WIN .98 Your system is getting on and its time to update it.

If you can't afford a new one I would try and get one used perhaps one with WIN XP already installed.

You can pick one up now for $ 200.00 or $ 300.00 if want to continue using your monitor, look in the classifieds.

You never mentioned what is happening to your computer right now, it does sound like its working or you wouldn't be posting

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Visit this site, each day, for two weeks. (The offers change every day.) You'll then know exactly how much new computers are selling for. You can often score awesome deals on PCs and Macs.

http://dealnews.com/

• rekless
    rekless

thanks everyone

the graphics on this is machine is like this:

I think the java script and all the other crap is just out-dated.

I'll just try to find a used xp machine.

thanks agin

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There is a virus that infects some computers. It is called Windows. A really bad version of it is called Vista.

The cure? Reformat the HD and intsall Ubuntu and you will be fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit