Someone in my family died this week - I am not doing well

by BonaFide 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Death, while very hard, is the great equalizer my friend. All the trash we lay on each other during our lives, thinking we were doing the right thing or believing the right thing, goes away then. All the religions, all the division, all the attempts to define God our own way, to think for HIm, to make decisions and judgements on others in His name....all go away.

None of us know God. Not one single person now or ever, has known Him. I believe we will all be together again after we die but we cant possibly understand the state of that realm. I believe our energies are connected forever.

When you love someone, that is forever. He knows you love him and he loved you. Dont punish yourself honey. He wouldnt have wanted you to do this.

Hugs, LD

• Undecided
    Undecided

You can never really handle death very well, especially your dad, but it will get better as time goes by. You will always remember some of the times you spent together and cherish them the rest of your life. When you get my age you have someone dying almost each week that you knew. This morning at 5:30 I had a phone call and my wife's nephew had just died. I remember taking him and his brother up into the mountains of Va. for a picnic when he was about 7 years old. Later in life he dived off a bank on the river and broke his neck and was in a wheel chair the rest of his life. I hate death, but what can we do but accept it and keep on with our life and enjoy each day as best we can. I wish I could say something that would help you cope, but I don't know any answers of life. Ken P.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry for your loss...a few things to think about: First, if your dad was smart enough to avoid becoming a jw, he was more than smart enough to realize why you were always preaching to him. He knew that you meant well and loved you for your good intentions. Second, there must be some form of a resurection, because nothing else makes sense. You'll see him again.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Second, there must be some form of a resurection, because nothing else makes sense. You'll see him again.

I soooo agree.

My mother died in 2005, and I just know that we'll be seeing each other again.

Chin up and keep hope alive, BF.

With you in your sorrow.

Sylvia

• caliber
    caliber

BonaFide,

So sorry for your loss but thanks for sharing your true emotions.. My personal belief is that it takes

strength for men to openly share emotions.. but it is also the way to gain courage, strength &

peace ! We need to touch and be touched by our dear fellow humans ! The whole universe functions

upon "vibration of love"..there has to be so much more !

Too often we under estimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.- Leo Buscaglia

May your heart find peace !

Cal

• StAnn
    StAnn

BonaFide, so sorry for your loss. My dad is my best friend. I dread the day when I will lose him. I can't imagine life without him.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

StAnn

• snowbird
    snowbird
    We need to touch and be touched by our dear fellow humans !

Amen.

I remember the morning of my mother's passing, even though I wanted to curl up somewhere in a fetal position, I had to drop my g'daughter off at school. One of the teachers noticed my stricken expression and asked what was wrong.

As the tears welled up, she quickly ushered me into an empty room and taking my hands into hers, began to say a prayer for me. She didn't preach or ask any questions, she simply did!

I will never forget her act of kindness. Contrast that with what a JW would have done.

Sylvia

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

So sorry about the loss of your father. I'm sure it's all the harder coming at a time when you are questioning and changing your religious beliefs.

Your local hospital might have, or know about, a bereavement support group that could give you some support right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

BTT

I have not heard from BonaFide since this post. Are you OK???

TTRP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit