Would You Wear A Cross Now?

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I would like Maddona to be cool....but I would be craping myself that I would meet some Witnesses......their everywhere you know!

• reniaa
    reniaa

No it is still an idol by biblical standard whether your in or out of Jw's

Deuteronomy 5:8
    "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
    Deuteronomy 29:17
    You saw among them their detestable images and idols of wood and stone, of silver and gold.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

Reniaa can I still watch "American Idol".........seems not, but I bet you do! A Rose in diamond form is also an Idol.

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Reniaa can I still watch "American Idol".........seems not, but I bet you do! A Rose in diamond form is also an Idol. witness 007

lol I'm english so don't watch it anyway but if using the word is idolatry then the bible would be an idol too that word appears a lot in the bible. but I don't want an 'is something an idol' debate...if people want to think wearing a cross representing a dead jesus is only a symbol and doesn't fall under how the bible would describe an idol by usage thats their choice! personally I think It is a total idol possibly the biggest idol of our times but hey thats my personal choice and opinion.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Well I think YOUR an Idol.........sorry I've run out of arguement points!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No it is still an idol by biblical standard whether your in or out of Jw's

Deuteronomy 5:8
    "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
    Deuteronomy 29:17
    You saw among them their detestable images and idols of wood and stone, of silver and gold.

Only if you worship it Reniaa...as we established in another thread CHrisitans do not bow down to or worship the cross.

Again you quote a verse and leave out what surrounds it. Let me give you the preceding and following verse:

Deu 5:7Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

Deu 5:8Thou shalt not make thee [any] graven image, [or] any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:

Deu 5:9Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me,

Ohh, wow Reniaa! Verse 9 clarifies the meaning of verse 8. Bowing down, serving. I am sure that was an oversight on yourpart.

Deut 29:17- speaking of the idols and false gods worshipped in Egypt...again, Christians do not worship the cross.

• Kudra
    Kudra

I wear a small tasteful gold Babylon the Great on the Scarlet Colored Beast.

• calico
    calico
    I wear a small tasteful gold Babylon the Great on the Scarlet Colored Beast.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I used to wear one.

But not anymore, after all the things that happened to me during the past 4 or 5 months, I have lost my faith completely. So I and removed it from my neck.

Take care,

Ismael

• White Dove
    White Dove

A cross is the first piece of jewelry I bought after quitting the meetings and visiting churches trying to find my path. I still wear it on occasion as an Ankh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit