Written Review Changes Through The Years

by bronzefist 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that clip boards must have been a local idea..I do not recall passing it to someone else to mark..But when I was a kid, the reviews were monthly. The School Overseer collected all the papers back in and marked them (at least for School Members) and returned it next week with his cryptic comments.

The School was run much more like a real school in those days. Each week it would open with a register being called and you had to call out "present " when your name was called, or there was deafening silence if you were absent or late. The counsel was pretty "direct " as well. It was no place for the fainthearted or easily offended.

The School Servant that we had in those days left and became one of the "evil slave" - He told me much later that he disliked the business methods they used, perhaps that was something to do with it.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Thanks everyone.....they just read the questions today and people raise their hands to answer...at least that what they did a year ago..last time I went to School Daze.

brzfst

• musky
    musky

Undecided, I am not sure when it ended. I remember It in the 80's yet I think?

• Mulan
    Mulan

When they first started the written review, you turned them in and the school servant corrected them, scored them and handed them back the next week. I was about 12 or 13 I think. Must have been about 1958.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Mulan, Blues Brother - I think that the handing in of the written review papers to the school servant lasted beyond the late 50s as I can remember this as well

Later I failed to see the point, I could 100% right without having it printed in the KM so you 'revise' at home before. Seemed a stupid exam to me.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Bronze, We did that in California in the 1960's. We later handed them in for correction. Then it became an all on your own affair. Eventually it was simply oral from the platform with question and answer. Now I don't go so I don't know. What a great feeling to be out of that swamp. W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit