Written Review Changes Through The Years

by bronzefist 15 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

In 1988 we had clip boards and I swear we passed the thing to the person next to us to check are answers

....did I dream that part? I know things have changed since then. Any information?

brzfst

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I remember those days.. I really hate the written review these days.. there's too much prestudy needed. I think they do it on purpose. more preparation !!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats funny..Back in the day you wrote the written review..Then you "checked your own answers.".....I guess you can`t trust today`s JW`s,not to cheat on Written Review!..LOL!!.................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• oompa
    oompa

bronze you were on ludes or something.....you too lone ranger...and there was ALWAYS prestudy required..........no pass ever of the clipboard thought.....just grade your own then.........seriously...............oompa

• Honesty
    Honesty

I remember distributing those clipboards before the Written Review.

Sometimes I would look around the kh during the WR and it reminded me of being in 3rd grade.

Come to think of it, 3rd grade is on par with the WR.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I cheated by looking up the answers from the Bible, which was allowed (no Washtowels were permitted, though). That, plus that I did zero preparation in advance--and I still did reasonably well.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It was always check your own answers, I think that most would be pretty embarrassed to

have someone else check it.

h40

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We always checked our own.....but they did can the grade system of Good 1-20 fair 1-15 Poor 1-10 as they felt this was too much pressure and being judgemental.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I don't remember the written review past the 50s. When did it end? Wasn't it part of the "Theocratic Ministry School"? I was the servant untill 1973 and don't remember it then. Is my mind going blank?

Ken P.

• Anator
    Anator

We always referred t it as 'The rotten review'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit