Help needed, how can i ?

by billie jean 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat
    where i could start in craftily helping them, giving them something to perhaps think about

I always start by engaging their natural personality. What are their interests and dreams, talents, ambitions? What did they love to do as a child that they've set aside now? What was set aside in order to serve the "Slave"? In their answers is the key to get them out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Evil Banana..Reniaa..Evil Banana.........................LOL!!.....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Billiejean, I know where you are. I've tried gentle questioning not about 1914 but about the sex abuse scandals and you just get the "company line" that Jehovah will take care of that or some other nonsense. With my parents, you could bring up something glaringly wrong and they would not notice if their pants were on fire. So my advice is to just try to enjoy their company and maybe do things that revolve around your son and avoid the whole subject unless they bring it up. Be prepared for them wanting you to go to the meeting with them or topics they may bring up to your son. Hope you have a good visit. Let us know what happens.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    I always start by engaging their natural personality. What are their interests and dreams, talents, ambitions? What did they love to do as a child that they've set aside now? What was set aside in order to serve the "Slave"? In their answers is the key to get them out.

I like this approach. Start by saying as you get older you're realising how quickly time is passing. Your children are so grown up etc. Perhaps say you never dreamed you would be where you are right now at this point in life - but you are feeling happy and are achieving some personal goals (use their language but apply it to your life). By appearing to open up to them they in turn will open up to you. Then ask whether they feel they've have fulfilled their life's plans? Did they think they would be where they are now etc? This is a good question because any middle aged dub will have expected to be in the new system by now. Show them you have a spititual side. Dubs are perturbed when a non JW shows evidence of spirituality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit