Help needed, how can i ?

by billie jean 13 Replies latest jw friends

• billie jean
    billie jean

I've not been on for a while as i havent felt the 'need' but ive just logged in and read some VERY interesting posts as usual.

Well i'm off to stay with my very witness parents very soon (for a few days, which is long enough) i do love them but its very hard being around them a lot of the time. im fully aware that we have to come to our own decisions on the matter of realisation but i was wondering if anyone has any tips as to where i could start in craftily helping them, giving them something to perhaps think about ?? i would never tell them how i really feel about the organisation as it'd ruin any relationship we have and i want them in my sons life as he loves his grandad. if anyone can think of anything it'd have to be sneaky........

• billie jean
    billie jean

Woops, sorry people ive put this in the wrong category, i didnt realise.

• sacolton
    sacolton

From what I've heard the absolutely BEST way is to make them think they are helping YOU by asking tough questions. Don't come right out and attack their beliefs as they will get overly defensive and close off. Some questions like:

Hey, mom. Can you help me understand this? How did Jehovah's Witnesses arrive at 1914 as to when Jesus took His Heavenly throne? I'm trying to find out where it explains that IN THE BIBLE.

Hey, dad? I have a question about the NWT. Can you help me? What scholars translated the New World Translation? I'm trying to find out what education they had to undertake for such a task. You know, like which college did they attend to master the original Hebrew and Greek languages and what experience they needed? Who were these men? How can I find out? This stuff fascinates me!

These are just examples, but you get the idea. I'm sure others will contribute to some questions that will make any JW really think.

Good luck ... don't expect results quickly. You have to plant seeds and pray they take root.

• reniaa
    reniaa

why not leave them be? you have a loving relationship and visit them they are in your grandsons life and so it sounds like a good and loving situation, why have a hidden agenda with them? there is always a chance it could backfire and hurt them.

/sigh I have great simpathy for those shunned on this site but do not understand this constant need to go and be underhand in trying to undermine Witnesses faith, under the influence of this site my sister chiki sent emails out one to a once JW fiance now happily married with kids and probs at least a MS full of info derived from this site, not surprisingly he didn't reply and her motives? revenge? bitterness? if someone is happy and a nice person in the JW faith they have spent most their life in it and looking forward to the hope even though old age and death are coming closer why stripe them of their hope? oh well :(

• billie jean
    billie jean

With respect, youre thinking of becoming a witness again arent you ? thats entirely upto you and yes you do reflect this desire in your reply. i wish you all the best but youve obviously not been in my situation or you wouldnt have to ask if you had been. im not trying to strip my parents of their happiness as i happen to know they are not happy and also i know that being j.w's is causing their personal anxieties. i shant go into all that now but there are many many people on here who know exactly how i feel and what im trying to do for the good of their health.

I wish you luck. lol

• billie jean
    billie jean

Thank you Sacolton, thats very interesting. i shall definately think carefuly and i think i'll use those, theyre good. need to get them thinking for themselves and i know i may never do this but its worth a try.

• wobble
    wobble

I wish in a kindly way that someone had helped me open my eyes lon g ago. I really would have loved them for it,knowing they cared enough for me to free me from the falsehoods of the WT.

So why not ask for explanations to questions such as "as Paul plainly says Jesus is the Mediator,how can I explain to someone from the Bible that the FDS is ?"

Good luck !

Love

Wobble

• billie jean
    billie jean

Thank you for your encouraging words Woble. ive heard other people say this also thats why i feel i must at least try.

• sacolton
    sacolton

http://www.bible.ca/jw-questions.htm

That'll get the ball rolling.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So why not ask for explanations to questions such as "as Paul plainly says Jesus is the Mediator,how can I explain to someone from the Bible that the FDS is ?"

Wobble, that is a VERY good one!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit