Strange Phenomenom's? How do we explain them if one is agnostic?

by QuestioningEverything 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm with Ip Sec on this one. Atheists simply assert that there is no evidence for gods or demons and therefore we don't believe in them. I'm sure if there was evidence, we'd believe. JBass is "off base" with this! (Obviously atheists also have outstanding senses of humor!!)

We had a sister in our congregation who lived alone and claimed to have demons trying to have sex with her, getting on the bed at night, holding her down, etc.

A couple of weeks ago I had an experience that was similar. Lori, my girlfriend, works the 3 to 11 at night shift, so gets home late and will at times watch TV before coming to bed. I get up early, so I might be asleep by the time she gets home, but she always comes in, wakes me and we talk a bit.

This one night I was lying in bed sort of half asleep and I heard Lori come into the bedroom, felt her climb on the bed and get under the covers. I opened my eyes, and there was no one there. She wasn't even home yet.

But I absolutely would have sworn someone got on the bed with me. Didn't happen. Just my mind in that half conscious state making me imagine things that weren't real. I've had several similar experiences. If I was ignorant or superstitious, I would have thought it was a demon.

S4

• Nowman
    Nowman

I am an agnostic, I simply do not know what to believe in.

If I have proof, I will believe. I do not think there is anything wrong with this thinking. Others might, but so what. It's the way it is. I have not accepted Jesus or God into my heart/mind, and I do not plan on it until I have proof. That means I am faithless when it comes to this, then I am faithless. But this does not stop me from living life, I do not feel I am fault because I need proof. I enjoy life very much, I do not have to have all the answers. When I get the answers, then thats when I get them.

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit