I need some help & suggestions

by Nosferatu 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

So here's the new email I'm going to send:

- "I decided against contacting my new employer again about dealying my employment for an extra week. This type of repeated requesting would not reflect well on me, nor would it reflect well on my desire to be employed at this new job."

If he complains again, I'll be sending one last email, and it'll be a good one :)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I finally got a response. What a yutz...

- "Nos, I feel exactly the opposite. By going back to Ron you are showing him that you assume ownership for your position within (company name). I firmly believe that he will admire your commitment to the employer who has provided you with gainful employment for the past decade. I understand the future is exciting for you and that you want to move forward as soon as possible but, let’s button things up here first and leave on a good note."

Do you think it's time to forward the copy of the contract I signed when I started here? the one that says I only have to give two weeks notice? ;)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Do you think it's time to forward the copy of the contract I signed when I started here? the one that says I only have to give two weeks notice? ;)

No, cuz if he's your boss/supervisor/manager he should already know what's in your employment contract. What he said to you in his last email is bunk and he knows it. Stick to your two week notice and stop the back and forth, you're giving more power to this than it deserves.

Josie

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think you're right.

I may just help drag this stupid conversation along for the next week right up until my last day. He seems to like dragging things out, so that'll suit him well. It's always worked with my controlling parents, maybe it'll work for him.

Oh yeah, remember that first email where he offered to phone my boss? Well, I'm printing out 30 copies or so, sticking them in every folder in my filing cabinet, every binder on my shelf, and letting the new guy figure out for himself if he wants to stay here (and maybe even the guy after him). That's my revenge :D

Oh yeah, and there's a sticker on the bottom of my desk drawer that says "No Future"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's another update...

The boss came up to me and asked if I had made the phone call. I told him no. He then told me "I'm disappointed in you. I think we treated you pretty good. I'm very disappointed in you. Can you live with that?" He said it all in front of another co-worker.

I'm all for not burning bridges, but he's the one who dropped the match.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    The boss came up to me and asked if I had made the phone call. I told him no. He then told me "I'm disappointed in you. I think we treated you pretty good. I'm very disappointed in you. Can you live with that?"

What a dweeb. And because he knows that he's got no recourse he tries to make you feel gulity. I'm so glad you're out of there.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

You could ask the old boss for a stay bonus....say $5,000...for your last week.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

What a lousy manager. If you were in an accident and had to be hospitalized, he should be prepared to replace you IN ONE DAY!!! Not in three weeks, or two months, or ten years. If you had to take emergency leave for a death in the family, he should have someone ready to cover your job, or HE HIMSELF should be ready to fill in for you NOW!!!

He really is unqualified to be in a position of responsibility if that is the best he can do to run an operation. What a jerk.

B the X

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Sad to say, your current boss is a manipulator and his attempt to lay guilt on you is reprehensible. Your next comment should be "Boss, I am disappointed in you in that, after 10 years of loyal service, you wish to lay a guilt trip on me for pursuing what is best for me. I deserve better than that and I am surprised that you don't see that. But it makes me glad that I've made the choice I have. Apparently, it was the right one after all."

I bid you peace... and success.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Your current boss is completely and utterly WRONG. After ten years, more than two weeks IS TOO MUCH TO ASK. You have given plenty already! Of course he is panicking, he knows he can never ever replace you... well you know what? He should have treated you better. Ten years of you is more than he deserved in the first place, and two weeks notice is PLENTY.

Cheers to you and stick to your guns,
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit