Has the WTBS ever explained the trinity?

by wobble 64 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

it appears to me on this thread that all those defending the trinity are doing so by explaining it in just the way that jws believe.

the irony just knocks me out

• Aculama
    Aculama

Aren't three persons thee personalities? I myself am a father but that is not my name. I am also a son, that again is not my name. I also have a spirit (personality). I'm not trying to argue, I just don't see three different people. In the book of John chapter 14 He sums it all up. Verse 9: He reveals who they have been looking at all along. Verse 16: He says the Father will send a comforter. Verse 18: He says who the comforter is. Verse 20: sums it all up. Verse 21: Shows who He will reveal this to. I think the pysical body of Jesus is what confuses most people. The reason most Christian Jews I know had a problem with Christianity at first is because they thought we were trying to sell them three gods. They consider that to paganism. James 2:19 changed their minds.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

it appears to me on this thread that all those defending the trinity are doing so by explaining it in just the way that jws believe.

I don't feel what I've said about the Trinity can in any way be compared to how Watchtower explains it. If one begins researching the topic of the Trinity, from the literature of its supporters, it will become painfully obvious within five minutes that Watchtower has misrepresented the doctrine.

Here is but one (of countless) Internet sites devoted to directly refuting the Watchtower 'Trinity' brochure.

http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-jw-deceptions-top-ten-list-start.htm

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

are God, jesus, and the holy spirit the same person....yes or no.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tij

You're not listening. 3 persons, one god.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Btw, i'm not defending, just explaining.

S

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jehovah was the apple core, Jesus was the fruit flesh, and holy spirit was the apple skin.....but it was still one apple

well, that was tasty.

At Easter the story changes to ...God is the yolk, Jesus is the shell, and the Holy Ghost is the egg white.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Does that make us scrambled eggs?

S

• a Christian
    a Christian

You asked: are God, jesus, and the holy spirit the same person....yes or no. I'll take a stab at this. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not one and the same person. For they are three separate entities. However, the three of them together make up one God. While at the same time, any one of the three can properly be called "God." Consider the U.S. Government as an example. It is made up of three branches, the Executive branch, the Legislative branch, and the Judicial branch. However, even though these three branches are all part of one Government, any of them can properly be referred to as the Government of the United States.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jesus is no relation to this old testament god. How many times are you all going to make me say this?

In the new world order/Paradise system they are going to "reveal " to you that "god is within" and that "we are all gods becoming".

They will tell you that the Trinity is actually the Triune Brain and that we all have the capability to "become" god.

The triune brain is a model proposed by Paul D. MacLean to explain the function of traces of evolution existing in the structure of the human brain . In this model, the brain is broken down into three separate brains that have their own special intelligence, subjectivity, sense of time and space, and memory [1] . The triune brain consists of the R-complex , the limbic system , and the neocortex . Though still popular among some psychiatrists, the triune brain model is not accepted by researchers in comparative, evolutionary neuroanatomy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit