Beards its OK guys wear them, goodness sake

by Shane 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Chimpsgirl,
    ROFLOL! I agree, it is so gross to watch someone with a beard or mustache eat! I will never forget one brother in the hall during a field service break, wolfing down a big mac, and his mustache kept going in his mouth ewwwww! Then he had this weird habit of sucking on it...more eewwws. I swore from that day on I would never be with a man that had a moustache that was long enough to fit in his mouth. I remember alot of bro's having mustaches though.

Jst2laws,
    I can't wait to hear your beard stories, as well!
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• mommy
    mommy

OOps! Welcome to the board Duped
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• Shane
    Shane

The society does not forbid beards, they just don't approve of them. So, they baisically forbid beards, unless you seek approval. Which they won't give you approval to wear a beard, so keep shaving and putting first the Society.<<<<
    That mentality makes me sick, Taliban mentality: "Put the Society first my ass, who are they but simply a religion and only a religion, if you all want to be little stupid sheep that go where ever and do what ever some stupid fool tells you to go well go live in the Mideast. Witness mind control is powerful and people cannot even see it, they just follow along like sick puppies, yes sir no sir, how high sir;
    Oh get a life all you mentally collapsed children of the Glorious ones, yeah right!
    Shane

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hey Path, can you believe I'm staying out of this?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

No, I was waiting for you...LOL

But like, what are we really doing here anyway? At this point what is there left to say and what is there to argue? Besides its no fun without anyone representing the 'other side' in this debate.

I felt sorry for those who even had to try to explain and defend the Society's policy on this one. When they've exhausted the "hippie" line, there's only 'following counsel' and 'not stumbling others' left. Rather weak.

Path

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now Path, don't underestimate them! You forgot to mention the "worldly" argument. You know how it goes, if you can't think of a good reason, just say that it's worldly and so it must be avoided! It must be worldly musn't it because no true Christian would wear a beard! etc etc

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Shane,
    Didn't you hear the bible scripture that goes like this.

"Keep putting first the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, and all other things will be taken from you."

Maybe I will make that my new signature.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

I love my beard - keeps me from looking like a 12-year-old!

And mine is neat and nicely trimmed, MOMMY! BTW - when did you move to New York? Whereabouts?

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• one
    one

books published around 1960 STILL were showing Jesus and Adam WITHOUT beard.

REason: Beard was due to adam's sin

• more2C
    more2C

O.K., so we know the Society is against beards.

But what about goutees? (sp?) I think it would be o.k. After all, they aren't full beards and they have a little more hair than mustaches.

When I went to last year's memorial there was this poor "brother" who was wearing one and everyone was giving him the cold shoulder because he had one. I felt so bad for him.

more2C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit