What was your first Computer?

by The Lone Ranger 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Did anybody else rush out to buy one of the first little cube Apple Macintosh computers?

If you mean the Mac Plus, I still have one. I bought a very expensive 10meg harg drive for it.

I still have a working pizza box, LCIII, but its clock battery has gone flat and I have to tell it what day it is every time I fire it up.

Cheers

Chris

• free2beme
    free2beme

Comadore 64

Look at the externial disk drive!!!! At one point, I even had a cassette drive that stored your info on a cassette tape.

Long life Commodore 64 !!! (5) by JaulaDeArdilla.

In its day, it was the best

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

atari 130xe

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

First computer I used, an HP-2000 mainframe in 1977, used a teletype and timeshared BASIC.

First computer I owned was Timex/Sinclair 1000. Got 16k RAM expansion, hacked a real keyboard, I/O board and other goodies. Wrote and published a book with some of my programs. Then got a 2068 with a 300 baud modem so I hacked it into a 1200 baud modem.

Next was my 8 bit Atari machine. Then Amiga. Still have 3 Amigas 500/1000/2000 boxed up but have emulators and use of the sortware.

Macs include SE/30, pizza box LC and LC3, Slot loading blue iMac with system 9.

PCs, yes. Bleah, but I favor making dual boot with Linux.

I am typing this on a Linux eeePC, so there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit