Who do you think the King of The North is?

by Number1Anarchist 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I thought all christianity beleived in the king of the North?

I don't profess to be linked to any christian organization or will i ever!

But i thoutht it was all christian theology to beleive in some kind of king of the north.

You cannot deny we are headed for tuff times in the future!

I guess only time will tell!

• james_woods
    james_woods

You cannot deny we are headed for tuff times in the future!

I guess only time will tell!

Number1Anarchist, you would not be planning to cause any of those tough times, would you? (being after all, the number one anarchist)...

For most of us exJW, the whole of the modern-day fulfillment idea is total quacking nonsense. I think that what "blew" it for me was their calling some little 1920s convention in Columbus, Ohio the antetypical "great trumpet blast".

Another thing I never could figure out was that Russia was a lot more East of us (or West, depending on your terminology) - than it ever was North or the United States was South.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

On the other hand I am about to start a new thread - Georgia getting critical - The King of the North could still be Russia

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I thought all christianity beleived in the king of the North?

I don't profess to be linked to any christian organization or will i ever!

But i thoutht it was all christian theology to beleive in some kind of king of the north.

All christianity? No, only some oddballs perhaps and the endtimers.

Christian scholarship on this is no different from the historical. See leolaia's post above.

So, who's the next "king of the northâ„¢"? Whoever the Watchtower Society wants it to be! Generally it's whichever part of the world is currently demonised in American thinking.

• Gregor
    Gregor

BlueBros. ""As a small boy I was thrilled to study "Your Will Be Done On On Earth" at a Tuesday bookstudy ....I was so impressed that God had revealed history in advance to Watctower Society..but I have grown up now""

For some reason this book came along at a time that I was eating this stuff up. I recall the intro talk at the DC and then getting in line to buy my own copy which I solumnly inscribed with my name and the date. When it was studied in the Book Study I was all over it like a dirty shirt. I could explain it in my sleep. How many years has it been since it has been given the "What Book?" treatment by the WTB&TS. It's like it never existed. Bunch of phony baloney snake oil salesmen!

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I agree on the Watchtower. I don't read any of there literature anymore and never was a hardcore subscriber to there theology.

I guess i saved myself subconciously!

I'ts all good i was just curious how you all felt with all these thing going on in the world!

Thx

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I thought that the "king of the North" was Babylon and the "king of the South" was Egypt, since these were the directions they came from when they invaded.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit