Who do you think the King of The North is?

by Number1Anarchist 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Let me know thru your studies who do you think the king of the north is?

Russia or China i'm guessing but that would be a logical choice.

This is my opinion but i think with the United States getting involved in territories that are under control of Russia and China is reaching a boiling point and eventually somone is gonna say i have had it i'm not taking this anymore.

I read this also that in a chinese proverb they have a sayin "Kill the Chicken to Frighten the Monkey" the chinese beleive the attack on Iraq was the chicken and they are the monkey.

Now i'm hearing they are or may blockade Iran. If this happens it could be the final straw but maybe not but i think very soon we will see the knig of the north rise up in defiance to the United States.

Let me know what you think please!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I dont think there is a King Of the North. I think the WTS interpretation is bullshit. The Kings of the North were in Daniels time only.

Now if you were to ask "Who will the WTS pick as the next King of the North" that is a different question

• delilah
    delilah

I remember when I was young, being told the King of the North was Russia..................but I think it is China...

• delilah
    delilah

sorry, my edit button isn't working.....

I should say, that I agree with Stilla... I had a good conversation with my family physician about this, just out of the blue...he and his colleagues think China will be a force to be reckoned with.

But who knows????

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Antiochus IV Epiphanes, at a time when he still posed a dire threat to covenantal Judaism. Then he died.

The "king of the north" has been dead for over 2,000 years. Stretching this reference into an endless succession of "kings of the north" into the 21st century is about as exegetically sound as making the Potter's Oracle refer to the present conflict between Georgia and Russia.

http://nefertiti.iwebland.com/texts/potters_oracle.htm

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

After the breakup of the Soviet Union I heard JWs speculate the new king of the north might be Iraq, Islam, or the United Nations.

W

• shamus100
    shamus100

And it just keeps going on, and on, and on, and on....

Why do people think it even applies to today? You would have hit the lottery just living in the 'last days'.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is true that a senior WTS speaker suggested Islamic Fundamentalist may be the King of The North

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey but these same people suggested that The Ships of Kittim were British warships off the coast of Cyprus.

Well it is good for a laugh but tragic that so many people put their whole lives into this

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If there's anything to Apocalyptic prophecies of the King of the North, then
    I have the picture of the composite King.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit