Have any of you heard about "The Cleavage Talk?" C'mon!!

by Lady Zombie 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Supposedly about the same time as the Bethel visitor's dress code brochure, talks were being given in KH concerning women showing cleavage.

I don't know. I haven't heard any of these talks myself, but my folks tell me they have. They also told me about the talks given in other congregations (reported to them by their friends).

I guess some COs, POs, etc. can get rather weird about it all. Sisters should wear attire that does not show the seperation of the breasts, meaning that the top of her garmet should not reveal the division in breasts. My father (who has a secretly dirty mind) repeated what a speaker said;

"Sisters, we love you, we couldn't get by without you, but please, we don't want to see it!! Please dress with serving Jehovah in mind!"

or something to that effect.

Ok, this has got to be a joke! Has anyone else heard this "cleavage talk?" Was it dovetailed into the dressing for Bethel visit talks?

AS GOOD JW MEN SETTING AN EXAMPLE, THEY SHOULDN'T BE LOOKING!! Hahahahahaha

I remember a fuss made back in the 80's and 90's about skirts and dresses that didn't come up over the knee and/or had high slits, but this is ridiculous.

I made a smart-assed remark later of, "Easily enough solved. Just have the sisters wear the Hijab and Burqa."

"Well now you're just being hateful." came the reply.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I made a smart-assed remark later of, "Easily enough solved. Just have the sisters wear the Hijab and Burqa."

"Well now you're just being hateful." came the reply.

I'm sure the boys in Brooklyn would love it if sisters did wear the Hijab and Burqa, but the protests would be too great, lol.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I remember comments in our local needs part about "appropriate dress" I dont remember the exact wording but it was deffinetely about clevage. The speaker even said that its hard enough having the world throw their bodies in your face, dont do it at the hall. They stressed how it was our obligation to assist in not stumbling the brothers.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I seriously felt like I had become Amish when I became a JW. Out went all the form fitting (when I had a form LOL!) dresses and blouses and in came the shin length, poofy service skirts, the button up to HERE blouses, the shapeless coats and "practical" shoes and boots...ugh.

After I left and I started throwing out my "kingdom hall clothes" and really looked at them again, I realized I had given up who I was to blend into the wallpaper there. I gave a talk early on in my JW career and wore a skort. I was reprimanded right after the meeting for wearing MENS CLOTHES on the stage!

geeeeeeez

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Hahahahaha, skorts. Men wear skorts?!

Next Jerry: Cross-Dressing Dubbie men. What is the Governing Body's stance on skorts?

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Cleavage?

Cleavage?

I love cleavage

and short skirts

Tank tops

Shorts - baggy or tight

I wonder if they had a slide show

to go along with the talk.

Yea baby!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

No wonder so many get DFd every year for immorality. With such a puritan outlook, pretending men and women shouldn't be attracted to one another, "sin" is bound to occur.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I was at this infamous talk given by the District Overseer. I started a thread a whil back and will locate the thread when I get a moment. Cleavage and too much thigh showing with split skirts/dresses and hemlines being discussed.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Watch yourself, LockedChaos! You obviously haven't deadened your body members.

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

No cleveage. One of the best things I remember about going to the meetings when I was young was trying to check out the sisters cleveage, and what style of bra they were wearing.

That sucks.

DJ_Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit