Tim Curry.... Greatest Actor?

by Preston 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Preston
    Preston

I've seen thousands of movies and occasionally get into discussions with other movies fans regarding the best performance / film score / film in a certain year / etc....

I've had disagreements with people as to the acting quality of Marlon Brando, James Stewart, Jimmy Cagney, Bette Davis but.... The one actor that I've never experienced any disagreements on is (inexplicably) Tim Curry, who I've been a big fan of since 'CLUE' and I'm almost convinced that there is not a single purveyor of film that doesn't like his acting, but I'd like to do an experiment on here to see if anyone does.

Does everyone really like Tim Curry?

- Preston

• beksbks
    beksbks

No way in the world am I gonna say Greatest Actor, but I think he's damn good.

PS I don't think I could give that title to anyone.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

He's a bit too flamboyant for me, but a decent chap otherwise. I've no quarrel with the quality of his work.

• holly_golightly
    holly_golightly

Entertaining and talent do not go hand in hand. But I do enjoy seeing him in movies for laughs.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I adore Tim Curry.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

I think this was his best

Pennywise

• poppers
    poppers

Can't forget him in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Johnny Depp is the world's greatest actor. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is not far behind.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think Tim Curry is fun to watch, but NOT the greatest actor. My top 10 would be, in no particular order:

Dame Judi Dench
    Daniel Day-Lewis
    Laura Linney
    Gary Oldman
    Johnny Depp
    Heath Ledger
    Morgan Freeman
    Tim Robbins
    Susan Sarandon
    Helen Mirren

Discuss . . .

Nina