Lurker for a long time, finally decided to take the plunge!

by Momma-Tossed-Me 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome...MTM

glad to see yet another formerly strong employee of the Wacktower Farming Association and the Wacktower Country Club...oops....

....ahem..I mean ex-Bethelite from Walkill and Patterson ,.....on the board.......

ya know...we have had a lot of former elders, pioneers, bethelites, even some current elders..... it is good to see so many cracks in the so-called "backbone" and "foundation" of the Organization.... and for those who are here admitting to these former statuses...I wonder how many others are lurking....and how many others are not even aware of this board or afraid to come here....

a wealth of experience...glad you are here...share some more as you have time and desire....

Snakes () ....former temp at Brooklyn and Walkill....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, please read Steven Hassan's book, Combatting Cult Mind Control before you speak to anyone about the TRUTH about the "truth". It's not written by an apostate or about jws in particular, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting caught with it.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

viclogo.gif image by timmiesgirl03

Welcome to the board!!!

• beerose
    beerose

Big welcome

• Evidently
    Evidently

Welcome my co-Northern Floridian.....wonder if we know each other????? I was born and raised here, a member of a prominent family of witnesses.....

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Welcome hun-

I'm in Central Florida. I was a 3rd gener that was able to leave so I have faith that you will be able to also.

Peace!

• TrekkerJW
    TrekkerJW

Welcome, MTM. It's always great to see a fresh face, er, avatar here. (Oh, wait, you don't have one yet.)

"My veiw of life has become so much more positive now that I am not living with the fear that I may not make it into the New World, it truly gives you a new perspective being free."

I'm a third-gen JW, too, so a lot of my family shuns me, but that freedom is a breath of fresh air of which I never tire. Hang in there!

• yknot
    yknot

A season for all things........

Glad you have dived in!

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Hi and Welcome!

Each new poster that takes the plunge brings support & reinforcement to those already here and encouragement to those still lurking...

Thanks, look forward to hearing more from you :)

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I used to live in the Jax area myself. There are a few on this board from there. Welcome!

Your thoughts and concerns are not unique. This is a great place to get perspective on how you feel.

== Not Feeling It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit