Your Favorite 1970's Music Groups/ Singers/ Songs ?

by flipper 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
  • BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

. Marc Bolan/T-Rex . Patti Smith . Linda Rondstadt . Neil Young . Led Zepplin . Janis Joplin . Donny Osmond (sad but true) . Elton John . David Bowie . AC/DC (the original with Bon Scott only) . The Bee Gees

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Janis died on Oct.4 1970............she counts.

• flipper
    flipper

So many great responses , thanks ! So many , because of being late and getting up early to work in the morning can't respond to everyone - but I will make a few comments ! Thanks everybody !

RESTRANGLED - I'm a big Robin Trower fan ! Excellent guitarist ! The Bridge of Sighs album is awesome !

DONNY- Also am a big Blue Oyster Cult fan as well ! I have a good amount of their stuff !

EVIDENTLY- My wife is a big Johnny Winters fan ! She loves the blues he plays on the guitar ! Great stuff !

HOPE 4 OTHERS- What can I say - The Rolling Stones are classic ! Bought my wife the T-shirt with the tongue on it ! I like it when she wears THAT one ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Flipper my favorite group was the Mothers of Invention they were still going in the 70's.

Then the Kinks, Traffic, Blue Oyster Cult, Spirit, The Cars, The Tubes, The Stones, Steely Dan, Golden Earring, Cockney Rebel, Deep Purple, Free

Favorite songs Sofa no 1 and 2, Zappa

Living on a thin line, The Kinks.

Light up or leave me alone, Traffic

Domminance Submission BOC

Lets go, The Cars

Candy's gone Bad, Golden Earring

Aren't you Glad, Spirit

What do you want from life, the Tubes

Monkey Man, The Stones.

Bodhisattva, Steely Dan

The Stealer, Free

• deeskis
    deeskis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZYqAeIdYk

They just made it........

February - the US LP Hey Jude is released, which features previously released singles not available on LP. The record hits #2.

March 6 - the UK single "Let It Be" is released, (March 11 in the US) reaching US #1 and UK #2. It sets a record for the US charts for the highest first time entry on the singles chart, debuting at #6.

April 10 - in an official press release accompanying his debut solo album McCartney, Paul makes several statements that reaffirm the breakup of the Beatles. However, Paul states that he is "not done with the Beatles" and does not directly state that the band has broken up.

May 8 - the Let It Be LP is released, reaching US and UK #1.

May 20 - The film "Let It Be" is premiered in London. None of the Beatles attend the showing.

August - Paul writes to John suggesting the breakup of the Beatles legal partnership.

August 4 - Apple press offices are closed down.

December 31 - Paul files a law suit against Beatles & Co to dissolve the partnership and severe ties with Alan Klein. The band officially breaks up.

and I know I know they're a bit embarrassing but I still love them :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WauFkb4jmCI

• four candles
    four candles

OOOO this is good stuff and really taking me back......ah the memories of listening to it secretly as it was 'debasing music'.....but I never thought so,it just made me feel so good!!

And still does,but I can enjoy it more now. I love trolling through the 2nd hand record shops and picking up all the LP's I lost or sold. I found 'Bridge of Sighs' by trower the other day in mint condition and just for 2 round English pounds!! And then picked up 'Flirtin' with Disaster' by Molly Hatchett on e-bay for £3.50.......what a band they were!!! And still are......they playe dthe rock and blues festival in Derbyshire lst weekend and by all accounts rocked the place,just sad I couldn't go.

If you want good honest British rock you can do no better than UFO.....The album 'Strangers in the Night' is a definitive album,check out 'Rock Bottom' and 'Love to Love'.........well check 'em all out which is what I'm going to do now,its going on the stereo.......LOUD!

Rock on good people!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

No one mentioned Jimi Hendrix. Surely a pivotal musician who (just) made the 70's. Also Mike Oldfield, Tubular Bells, the music for "The Exorcist".

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

How can you have a 70's Thread and not include the Bee gee's.
    Remember Saturday Night Fever.

Another of my favorites because i liked ballads and the softer rock coming out at the time was the group Bread.
    Also John Denver,Ambrosia,CCR,Fifth Dimension.
    As far as the just pure good time rock can't beat the Rolling Stones.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the eagles - hotel california..........brill

nothing embarassing about abba btw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit