by Switch 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Hi Switch

I can soooo relate, Hang in there.

DoubleVision

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The email exchanges were very enlightening. I can see much thought and much emotion in both sides. Janie is a smart gal. She is also terrified of what she might find under those rocks (the old WT publications) if she actually went and looked as you told her to. I think we were ALL shaken to our souls when we found out we were being duped. When I first read the Nov 94 (I believe that was it) NEW interpretation of what the generation was...I was sitting in my living room with my two small children next to me and my husband, having a RARE family Watchtower study and it was THAT paragraph that it was my turn to read...and when I read that the time limit had been removed, that the END was not where they said it was going to be, that the generation wasnt 80 years from 1914 any more but some INDEFINITE time about an INDEFINITE group of people...I literally stood up and starting screaming. "Are you KIDDING ME??? Ive been telling my children all this time that NONE OF US WOULD DIE??? And now they are telling me that we WILL?? That THEY will?? before the end??? They just switch to PLAN B or is it like Plan M by now when the other ones dont HAPPEN???" It was that last straw. My kids were crying, my husband kept trying to downplay it...I was ripped in half right there.

So yeah...Janie is scared. But the fact that she READ all you wrote indicates she IS reading. It may take some time but I think because she is a thinking person...she will come around.

As will many many MANY others from here on out. :)

When I DAd my best best friend said (who was then having an affair with an elder and in the process of being potentially DFd for it...) said "I can no longer have any contact with you because you have too many negative things to say about Jehovahs organization." Um...WHAT??? Im not the one screwing one of Gods Craigs in the Storm chicka.

• Switch
    Switch

Yeah, LovesDubs, I'm hoping she starts thinking about some of the things we've discussed. She did say that she was wondering why so many of her friends and family have been leaving the org. Also, she deleted us as friends from Facebook but she later signed on to continue receiving book reviews from Hubby. How interesting is that? (She deleted us originally cuz he wrote the truth about a couple of their publications that he researched,)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Lovesdubs - I find that impressive that reading about the generation change in the watchtower had an immediate impact on you like that. I think 99% of witnesses didn't even realize it was a major doctrine change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit