E-Watchman and JW Reform

by insearchoftruth 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• uninformed
    uninformed
    I've been posting at e-Watchman for two years. He kicked two-thirds of the members off the board 18 months ago for disagreeing with the Watchtower's version of the New Covenant, where the "anointed" are the mediators for the "Great Crowd" rather than Jesus. The other issue involved was whether or not the Watchtower was the "God's visible organization" and "sole channel of communication" between Jehovah and mankind.

He doesn't care what the members believe, as long as they don't post anything contrary to the forum guidelines, which is that no one is allowed to undermine the core doctrines, or make references to the Watchtower being part of "Babylon the Great". Personally I don't agree with most of what he espouses but I think he has a few things right, and his board does serve a useful purpose, in my opinion. It allows a JW to learn just enough of the "truth about the truth" without having an immediate stroke, heart attack, or aneurism, which is what would happen to a lot of dubs if they were suddenly exposed to the works of somebody like Fritz Springmeier.

ProdigalSon

I agree totally with what you wrote, Prodigal Son. I was one of the ones thrown out of the forum

Brant Jones

• yknot
    yknot

So is it just me or do men have a pattern of 'taking the lead' to only succumb to becoming delusional demi-gods of their own reality?

• Donnalilly
    Donnalilly

no , Burney wrote the Report,

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree with yknot

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I fully believe that JW 'reformers' are actually a much more threatening force to the Watchtower than those who no longer believe any of the WTS teachings. Those who say it must reform typically have a better time convincing those within the group that dissent from leadership is needed. This is how many other groups have collapsed and it may yet be the path of the JWs.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I have learned a lot by reading the jwreform articles and I wish the writers there would be more prolific. They seem to be people who are somewhat like minded with the core of the organization, but are really disgusted by the power trip the folks in Brooklyn are on.

• M.J.
    M.J.

You can also try Stafford's book "Three Dissertations..." available on his website (http://www.elihubooks.com)

It's somewhat similar to what you find at jwreform.org.

I don't know what Stafford's current status is. Apparently he was going back to the JWs, while maintaining his dissident views. How in the world does he not get DF'ed?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I believe you are correct Drew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit