The real me

by Junction-Guy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well Amicus, you could be right about that. We could all be the proverbial springs wound too tight by JWism, just waiting to pop off and bounce off some walls

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I hear ya on that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Thank you for sharing that Flyinhighnow, I wasn't aware you had posted that already. Your post put a smile on my face and has really made my day. I just wish I was in a better mindset when we hung out here in Knoxville, maybe we could have become even closer friends or even more.

I'm so glad it did, JG. I'm still your friend. Cog, you are right about JW teens torturing themselves, and even older JW's or ex JW's. And I know that when JG came out on here, he was really just trying to find unconditional support and understanding and maybe help to unravel just what his feelings meant. I don't know much about what happened with you, JG and Ohio Cowboy. But I think you were trying to reach out and this whole subject was embarrassing and worriesome for you. You came out with your confusion and you wore your heart on your sleeve. And anything that felt like rejection hurt more than it needed to because of the shame the WT and other religions placed on such feelings. I believe that things became blown up out of proportion because of embarrassment. And it's time to just realize this and begin to let it go and heal. There is nothing wrong with any feelings you had about men or how you chose to deal with them. We have a very loving creator. He does not want you or any other person torturing yourself over feelings you didn't ask to have and that are really very common and normal to most people, as Cog Dis mentioned so eloquently in her post.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Wow, that was a really good reply, thank you for taking the time.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Wow, that was a really good reply, thank you for taking the time.

I hope they help you very much, Dave. I really care about you, dear friend.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Are you going to be awake for a few minutes flyin?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just a few. I will be going to bed shortly. PM me if you need something.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Nah, I just wanted to talk, that's all. I do need to get to bed myself.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hold on, I'll PM you.

• Junction-Guy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit