Serena Williams and her "god jehovah"

by worf 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

She will have a large affect on black people within the org. They will use her example to push at the wt guidelines. As well, it wouldn't surprise me if the her influence tends to attract young black people into the org. Whether that would be enough to bring some changes is another question.

S

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I love the fact that they publicly connect themselves with JW's, and represent Everything the borg hates( fornication, greed, tattoo's sports etc.). Was talking with an elder very familiar with their spiritual situation and he was just shaking his head. I was laughing!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

There are celebrity JWS and there are regular JWS they are treated quite differently from one and another

and lets not forget the rich

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Her God/WBT$ would`nt let me participate in sports at school..But..Her God/WBT$ lets her play professional sports?............She must be giving her God/WBT$ a nice chunk of cash....................OUTLAW

• Layla33
    Layla33

Can someone post a picture of Serena and Venus running with the American flag at the Olympics. Again, I don't think they are baptized Witnesses.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL@ her pics...Pic #1..Her dress for the Assembly......Pic#2..Ready for Field Service.................Solid proof,the WBT$ treats all JW`s equally!......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

They are not baptized. Otherwise they would be booted. The local elders do not care about the donations as it 's not doing them any good personally.They also go to very few meetings and an occasional assembly. Venus more so than Serena. When they do show up they are treated like celebrities, everyone is giddy but the "idol" worship is limited.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...she said: "I thank my god jehovah for being out here"."

...aaaaand that outta be worth 10 hours on the field service report.

I am glad that they are doing what they want to do. But! I, too am miffed that I was not allowed to participate in sports (or anything else) when I was a teen, in school... BEFORE _I_ got baptized (after too).

*shrug* Oh well. Perhaps they can catch up with Michael Jackson, and all dance together.

Regards,

Jim TX

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i enjoyed sports in school.but when i became a jw dad i did not let my 2 step children play in organized sports.they found their bad associations in the congregation .sex drugs and rock and roll neither one has become a jw.and they do not talk to me to this day.thank you fds for your wise direction..

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is the best photo I could find of the Williams sisters waving the American flag at the Olympics in 2000 (Sydney, Australia).

Also -- you can see a video of this. Select the clip with the above photo, and then at the 2:57 mark you'll see them patriotically waving American flags!! http://www.nbcolympics.com/tennis/video/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit