If the WT ever turned on Booze like they did Cigarettes....?

by Open mind 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

What percentage of JWs would comply?

om

• Robdar
    Robdar

The religion would cease to be. Heh, I remember some of the get togethers where the elders were drinking like fish.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"The religion would cease to be."
    I don't think it would be THAT drastic, but it would sure help weed out the fence-sitters.

I'd say 15-20% would be "stumbled" and become inactive so they could continue with their "liquid therapy".

How about you? If you were still in and a somewhat true believer, would a No Booze for True Christians policy have shaken you out?

om

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Non drinkers would have their choice of seats an every KH.

Gin sales would go up nationwide for those who stay 'in the closet.

JW get togethers would wrap up by 8 pm.

Jeff

• shamus100
    shamus100

Booze is the only thing holding most people in. I cannot stress this enough! It's they're ultimate coping mechanism.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Too many hard drinkers in that Cult..You have stay a bit tipsy,to swallow the WBT$ crap.......If you sobered up the JW population,there would`nt be many left..............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• logic
    logic

Some jws would say , the society has gone to far. I'm outta here. Hic! say what!!!??? Jehovah will straighten it out. What components does boos break down into? But the majority would leave or hide in the closet.

• agent zero
    agent zero
    it would sure help weed out the fence-sitters

thats what i think too.

the same way changing the how-to-view-df'ds policy would weed out the fence-sitters. if they made it that you can still talk to and be friends with them, then everyone who doesnt actually WANT to be there can just leave free of consequences, hence rooting out a large chunk, and leaving only the die hard believers.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I had a co-worker tell me that sometimes she thought about becoming a JW because she could drink and her religion doesn't allow it.

Being allowed to drink is the only fun thing witnesses are allowed to do. They use it to cope with all that's been taken away and they use drinking to have fun. I've been to some great parties at elder's houses! Getting drunk was not a problem in my congregation. But you'd better be careful about everything else because they would gladly follow you around town to get evidence for a good ole committee meeting.

• oompa
    oompa

shamus:

Booze is the only thing holding most people in. I cannot stress this enough! It's they're ultimate coping mechanism.

just ditto...it helped me stay in for years..........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit