Ex-JW Youtube videos (am I the only one who dislikes them?)

by Burger Time 17 Replies latest jw friends

• chrisjoel
  • changeling
    changeling

V: I had not watched your videos in the past. I do like them.

changeling :)

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I'm right with you on that. What is the point of using a font style that looks like letters that drip blood? Who are you trying to reach with such an overly negative style to the video.

This summer I plan on making an entire series of videos that are high quality, well produced, and not at all like the ones you mention. Oh, and I actually plan on talking to the camera rather than putting up screens of text for people to read!

Look for these sometime late summer / early fall 08.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

If you need some editing help, let me know. I can't do any major complicated stuff but I can do clean cuts and convert in to almost any type of media, if you choose to expand outside of Youtube.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I agree that its tough producing videos. I try to make them interesting and yes, Truthbookblue was replaced by Truthbookblue"s". There was an unintentional deletion of the first account. I'm trying to upload only the videos that were most effective and had the most views according to my memory. I like the dramatic side of it. I've found more people respond to "eye candy" than to cold facts. They tend to be a turn off. I try to meld the two. Hell, I do it because it amuses me. There's no money in it after all. W.Once TBB

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hi BT, I think you are missing the point. These are usually homemade videos that are made by people with not only a lack of video editing skill, but people that have no real education either. Some of these folks have been raised as a jw and have a huge defecit in the people skills department too. They are trying their best to make a point or to communicate what they feel about an organization that has literally dumbed them down and robbed them of everything imaginable.

As one of these people, I hope that you can understand that I am using all that I have and am able to access in order to pass along what I have seen, what I have done, and what I feel.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I think most cases are people doing the best they can with what they've got.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

No offense but it doesn't mean I have to like it, not that you are implying that. Just that I find them to be goofy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit