Ex-JW Youtube videos (am I the only one who dislikes them?)

by Burger Time 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I dislike them almost as much as I dislike pro JW videos. I know this will start a huge overblown thing but seriously I am just stating my opinion.

They are always the same:

1.Cheap fonts and googled images

2.Some goofy song that really has nothing to do with the subject at hand

3.Nothing new that couldn't be found just doing a basic search

4.They always look like some 30 year old hillbilly who has lived in mom and dad's basement with no editing experience at all made them

This doesn't include the WT Comments which at least doesn't try to ad here to emotional foreplay. Though the whole V for Vendetta/Anonymous deep voice (this is probably not done on purpose) thing is a bit over dramatic.

When watching these home made aberrations I never know whether to laugh, or click on another random youtube video to stop the embarrassment

OK, that is my scathing review....now let fly with the tomatoes at me. I am guessing this will be the most obvious response:
    "At least they are trying to do something! This helps people! What have you ever done??"

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I've seen one or two of the kind you mention (for instance an older guy with a beard droning on and on about... something), plus a few that I personally think overemphasize the 'evil baby-eating cult' thing, but for the most part, the videos I've found have been good.

For instance, apart from the ones you mention, other good videos I've seen are the ones from hopefulatheist and Truthbookblues (I'm a little unsure about that one, because I seem to remember that account going by the name TruthBookBlue, but I may be wrong. Seems like it's the same videos at least). Not every video or video maker can be a winner. After all, most YouTubers are amateurs.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I've seen some cheap ass looking vids on YouTube covering a wide variety of subjects.

Hell, I don't even know how to edit vids let alone if my 'puter even has the software to do it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I look for substance more than style, and I enjoy watching most of them. In so doing, there have been a few YouTubers who I've invited onto JWD who weren't already here, and they've joined. What they do is valuable, because it's easier for a trapped jw to wander onto a YouTube video than it is for them to read site like this. These videos also serve as a warning to "worldly" people who may fall victim to the cult. Speaking of which, there is nothing wrong with playing up the cult aspect, because that is what the WTB&TS truly is; a corporate cult masquerading as a religious organization.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

At least they are trying to do something! This helps people! What have you ever done

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

You forgot the two question marks for double emphasis!!

• changeling
    changeling

I'm with you BT. Most of them are tacky and overblown. They make ex-JWs look bad the way pro-JW videos make current JW's look bad.

I guess once a nut job, always a nut job, whether you are a JW or an apostate.

changeling :)

• changeling
    changeling

I will say this though: the fact that people care to put that stuff on the internet may make a current witness wonder. And maybe they will cause someone to look up some info on their own (about 607 or the UN, etc.) and see the WT for what it is.

But for the most part, chessy videos probably do more harm than good.

JMHO

changeling :)

• V
    V

Apparently you haven't been watchting Watchtower Comments! These videos have some polish and provide irrefutable facts based on quotes from Watchtower publications. Hope that increases your opinion of ex-JW videos...

See all videos here: www.youtube.com/wtcomments

We just released an interview with a former missionary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enKKM_aa_j4

How the Watchtower uses propaganda and fallacy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQBKmIFqcc

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

No I have been watching them. I have some video editing experience so I am probably holding people to a higher standard. Just my two cents was all. I always hear everyone give kudos while I just sit and grind my fingers away from the keyboard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit