Convicted Molester Sentenced to 45 Years to Life (Simental in Murietta, CA)

by jamiebowers 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

This is great news ! I can guarantee you I will be making copies of this news release and sending it to my parents, some witness family, and making return visits at kingdom hall parking lots during meetings leaving copies of this in windshields as I go. I'll try not to get arrested. It's a promise

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

What an asshole.I'm so tired of religious organizations trying to hide behind the clergy-penitent privilege which really originates with the Roman Catholic "seal of the Confessional".They claim to follow God but they hide behind a wall of deceit built to conceal their own sins.Thank goodness there are good people trying to prevent abusers,and those who protect them, from hiding behind a loophole that protects this criminal scum.

• loosie
    loosie
    Just remember, Men think, and women feel.

Yeah I'm a woman and I THINK, no I KNOW this guy is an asshole, and I FEEL good that he has been punished.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I sobbed as I read this article aloud to my husband. These dirty bastards aren't going to get away with covering up child molestation anymore, and the pedophiles are going to jail where they belong; at least in CA.

• flipper
    flipper

JAMIEBOWERS- I think this is just the tip of the iceberg in the Jehovah's Witness organization. I truly believe many more child abusers will be exposed as time goes on here. People are standing up for what's right and aren't going to take it anymore and remain silent. The more bastards like Simental get exposed ; the more convictions of this crime we will see. True it will take courage to expose it, but with a good support group these girls that had the courage to stand up against him will heal in time. But it will require a lifetime committment from her parents and friends to help these girls heal. Good thread Jamie- I tip my hat to you for posting it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• amicus
    amicus
    Elders John Vaughn and Andrew Sinay balked at testifying against Simental, when subpoenaed by Strunsky. They cited the confidentiality afforded by the penitent-clergy privilege.

This irritates me almost as much as Simental's attitude. If one of my daughters had been involved I'd be having a long "talk" with Vaughn and Sinay.

• flipper
    flipper

AMICUS- I have 2 witness daughters still in the cult in their early 20's. I second the comment you made about having a " long " talk with these elders if it had happened to my own. I'm right there with ya bro

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well it looks like Simentel is on his way to 3 meals a day and all the sex he can handle

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

This is a fantastic opening for California...a good precedent and well deserved. Those two elders who refused to testify are as villianous as he, in my opinion.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Those two elders who refused to testify are as villianous as he, in my opinion.

I'm thinking that is the story that needs to be exposed. Simental was brought to justice (you know with I mean) through the normal procedures through the authorities. What the world needs to see is that the elders will still put the protection of the perp above the rights of the victim in claiming ecclesiastical privilege.

Bravo to the California court system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit