Got Some Encouraging "Bad" JW News

by Seeker4 13 Replies latest forum tech-support

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

A whole bunch of them leaving on the same night will create uneasiness for a time...especially if these ones weren't known for being "troublemakers."

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, this is some of the best bad news I've heard in a while!

It will be interesting to hear how it's handled at the next Local Needs talk or CO visit. I wouldn't think they could just ignore this.

B the X

• sonney
    sonney

i wondered if some of you could help me out, i have a Jehovah's witness neighbour who is absolutely lovely and regularly comes round for a chat and then ends up trying to teach me their way which she truly believes is right. How on earth do i tell her that her much loved community is a cult and that the man who changed the Bible so that the Jehovah's witness cult could begin was an uneducated liar who even ended up in court, etc, etc.

I once asked her who ran the organisation and she said it was Jehovah governed. Yeah!, i said but who runs it. Can't even tell you what she said as it just didn't make sense, her garbled reply. She also told my daughter that our dog wouldn't go into the after life as pets don't. Anyone answer that one or at least point me in the right direction of study in the Bible?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Well, that's a little off subject, but I'd recommend you go to the "Best Of" category off the main page of this site. There's a lot of stuff to study there, and without a real understanding of Witness culture and teachings, you won't have much success.

Asking sincere questions that she will have a hard time answering is way better than trying to argue or attack. Make HER do the research that might start opening her eyes a bit.

Good luck!

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit