Windsor Ontario JWs Under Siege

by hawkaw 26 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Someone who I do not know sent the following to me for posting. It was in my Email this morning ..... hmmm.....

Anyway, seems people in Windsor are getting to the CO because of the actions of a few people - have a read.

hawk
    --------------------------------------------------------

Jehovah's Witnesses are under a type of ban in Windsor ON Canada

This is the story of a self-imposed ban, limiting the actions of Jehovah's Witnesses. This "ban" was imposed by the Circuit Overseer himself.

The history behind this action is quite simple, and interesting for those who seek a means of limiting the negative effect of Jehovah's Witnesses in their respective community.

The history goes like this.

Months ago, some former Watchtower people formulated a sticker, seen here. Take a good look at it and then read on.

This sticker was placed all over town. Bathrooms, bus stops, telephone poles, and windows. A great place is on the drive-through speaker at fast food restaurants. Any place that has the public's eye,

Now, remember that Jehovah's Witnesses leave the Watchtower and Awake magazine in many places. One such place is the neighborhood Laundromat. People sit down to wait for their machine to cycle, and they find the Watchtower magazine there.

One day, a person came to the local neighborhood laundromat, on Tecumseh Rd. East, and after many such visits finding the Watchtower literature, were shocked to find this sticker on the door.

Immediately, they contacted the owner to complain. The owner removed the sticker with much effort, and after a few more months of finding Watchtowers inside, finally got fed up and called the local Kingdumb hall to complain. And COMPLAIN they did!

After threatening legal action, the CO was involved. The owner insisted that the JWs stop leaving literature and STICKERS. The stickers really made them angry.

The Watchtower at Georgetown ON was contacted, and the instructions given to the CO were for him to relay this message to all bodies of elders in Windsor.

"Announce to all publishers that as of this date, publishers should not leave ANY literature in ANY Laundromat in the City of Windsor"

A self-imposed BAN on Laundromats! This added to the fact that the 'brothers' who take care of "territory cards", are filling the cards with more and more home numbers, as people in the city receive the Watchtower's PURE and unfiltered message, and complain that they wish to be added to the list of Do Not Calls.

The Watchtower speakers, at the summer convention in Kitchener ON, called it "misrepresentation of our message".

The Watchtower doesn't know what's next.

I do.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

STICKERS! more effective that mags and tracts

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Hawk,

Thanks for that info. It seems ingenious. It's truthful, quick-to-read, and easy to post! Do you know where they're obtainable?

Always enjoying your posts,
    Pat

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Wow!!! What an effective eye-catcher.

I'd love to know more about this too!!!!!!!

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I want to buy some sticker.
    Who do I write to?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • blondie
    blondie

I'm surprised more people don't use the Do Not Call feature.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson
    The Watchtower speakers, at the summer convention in Kitchener ON, called it "misrepresentation of our message".

Why is this sticker a misrepresentation of the JW message? It seems pretty plain and truthful. When I was a JW I believed that only JWs had any hope of survival, even thought it was "probable not a sure thing". I bet I even answered in support of this belief at the congregation Watchtower study.

Here's the question on paragraph 7:

(a) Only by remaining in what relationship with one another may Jehovah's people expect to survive the great tribulation?

Congregation members who had previously underlined their Watchtowers would have answered:

Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. --Watchtower 1989 9/1 page 19

It is quite clear, this is a teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses and it hasn't changed.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well, I am not the "sticker" man but .....

... how to obtain one .... hmmm......

Well if I were you I would move my mouse onto image above and "right click". Then I would save the image to my computer.

I would then put the image into my word processing software in the "label's format" of your choosing.

Then I would go to the store and buy a bunch of labels for the "colour" printer. Then I would start printing like friggen crazy.

Black and white stickers would look okay too inmy opinion.

hawk

• Amazing
    Amazing

Although I can understand the frustration of the JWs in this, nevertheless, the "Stickers" really say it like it is. The Watchtower religion message does boil down to just that ... 'Join or Die!' And when we finally see this for what it is, then they do not seem very loving, but hateful, and at times down right mean. - Amazing

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Isn't it ironic that the untactful message that they do preach is an embarrassment to them? This is their false gospel but with no weasel words and deceit to hide what they are preaching. That sticker is not unlike a Jack Chick tract but without the zany cartoons. ;-)
    Even us evangelicals shake our heads at those who use those tracts. None who are truly drawn by God to salvation need that sort of thing. It is the love a God who would live as we do and die for us that brings us to salvation.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit