The right's obsession with gays

by jstalin 21 Replies latest social current

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Well....why else would they be interested in being Gay. They are apart of Christendom and therefore in control of Satan.

Satan loves Gay people. In fact I would go so far as to say that Satan is actually Gay. And the real reason he was kicked out of heaven was that he was in love with Jesus..........Satan`s upset with the unfairness and is taking it out on the rest of us, except for Gay people, cause Satans Gay.

• Evidently
    Evidently

Well....why else would they be interested in being Gay. They are apart of Christendom and therefore in control of Satan.

Satan loves Gay people. In fact I would go so far as to say that Satan is actually Gay. And the real reason he was kicked out of heaven was that he was in love with Jesus..........Satan`s upset with the unfairness and is taking it out on the rest of us, except for Gay people, cause Satans Gay.

If Satan was gay why didn't he tempt Adam in the Garden of Eden......................

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit
    If Satan was gay why didn't he tempt Adam in the Garden of Eden......................

Oooooooo......good point.....i had think about this for a moment.

Mabey He was blinded by Adams good looks and couldnt lie to the love of his life.

• Satanus
    Satanus

wifekeeps..

'he was in love with Jesus'

Why wouldn't he be? A lot of christian men are. They are part of his bride, or something like that.

S

Ps, does that make satan the first christian?

• John Doe
    John Doe

I must admit it would be funny to see the right winger's reaction if someone did a movie showing Jesus in a gay light. ;-)

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Ps, does that make satan the first christian?

If he didn't do what he done, we wouldn't need savin',....

:)

• amicus
    amicus
    I must admit it would be funny to see the right winger's reaction if someone did a movie showing Jesus in a gay light. ;-)

I think of myself as an "Independent", Conservative Liberal. I came across a web site the other day selling t-shirts emblazoned with "Jesus is a Liberal". I'm seriously thinking about ordering one, I'm sure it would spark some interesting conversations.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I'm standing by, waiting for the day Lou Sheldon and Fred Phelps are caught in the closet dribbling man juice all over each other and sniffing Jerry Falwell's sweaty underpants.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

There is a reason why it is called "Homophobia." Hatred of homosexuality is based on the fear (based on the myth) that if you condone it you may become one. No doubt the taboo only came into existence because tribes didn't know what to make of members that didn't contribute to the growth of the tribe. Evolutionarily speaking, it would not be good for the species if everyone was gay. This of course does not make it morally wrong. But if your sole concern is the continuance or survival of the tribe, it's easy to see why the tribe leaders would be concerned with members that are not producing offspring and have no interest in doing so.

Fast forward to 21st century, and presto! We now have a universal consciousness that allows us to have other goals not related to simply making more humans. In this day and age it just does not serve any purpose to oppose or interfere with homosexuality, UNLESS... you are a crazy religious person who subscribes to a Jewish moral code 2000 years old.

Last I checked, we are not all Jews (unless you are a Mormon who believes that EVERYONE is a Jew, and blacks are cursed with dark skin but are still Jews). Why does the majority of the planet subscribe to Jewish law if they are not Jews? The Bible is a Jewish book, written by and for Jews. It is culturally specific, it does not represent all peoples. So why are so many non-Jews following a Jewish ban on homosexuality? Other nations and peoples in ancient times were tolerant of homosexuality. Most cultures in ancient times did not have laws or rules against homosexuality. Many royal families had accepted members who were gay. The Jews did not tolerate homosexuality. They killed them.

I think it's time to develop a MODERN moral code that is not ethnocentirc like the Bible. If I think that is going to happen I have another thing coming to me don't I? Actually the way things are going it would be more likely to expect the genocide of all homosexuals (and all non-Christians too of course.)

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    Other nations and peoples in ancient times were tolerant of homosexuality. Most cultures in ancient times did not have laws or rules against homosexuality. Many royal families had accepted members who were gay.

It's funny you should mention that. In the July 2008 issue of fugues, (a French language magazine for the Montreal gay community) there's an article by Richard Burnett (In English) in which he cites a study by Allan A. Tulchin called "Same-sex couples creating households in Old Regime France: The uses of the Affrerement" from the Sept 2007 issue of the Journal of Modern History in which he reviews evidence that gay civil unions existed in France some six centuries ago.

There used to be a legal contract called the Affrerement in Fance whereby 2 brothers could live together sharing "un pain, un vin et une bourse", one bread, one wine and one purse. This was for cases where two or more brothers inherited the family home on an equal basis from their parents could continue to live together just as they did when they were kids. However the author points out that many others also took advantage of this legal provision and that this arrangement also existed elsewhere in the Mediterranean region. As the article goes on to state that there is "...considerable evidence that the affrerements were being used to formalize same sex loving relationships...". Though it would be impossible to prove how many were actual same sex relationships "...and probably somewhat irrelevant to understanding their way of thinking. They loved each other and the community accepted that..."

Gay marriage or gay civil unions are so important to many because as this author puts it "While most of our hetrosexual peershad experienced, in their teens, socialization around courtship, dating and sexuality, many of us (homosexuals) had grown up closeted and fearful, our most precious and tender feelings rarely validated or reflected back to us by our families and communities" (Alan Downs; The Velvet Rage: Growing Up Gay In A Straight Man's World; as quoted in the article mentioned above). Many of us have been robbed of the chances straight people have. If during the "Dark Ages" communities in one of the most "Christian" nations in Europe can accept same sex loving relationships then why can't we.

If Fred Phelps is right in saying that God hates America because of gay's then he must also; by extention; have hated France. The French nation has seen it's up's and downs but IT STILL EXISTS, it's still a major world power, it's still prospours and proud. If god really hates nations because they tolerate gays then why is France still here and as strong as it's ever been DESPITE it's tolerance of gays?

I don't think the issue is that the right has an issue with their own sexuality. I think the issue is that the right is full of people who enjoy power, who enjoy lording over other people (and didn't the bible warn us against that?). I think these people think they have the right to tell everyone how to live and that this is a dangerous holdover from the days when the Catholic Church was all powerful, launching crusades, holy wars against other "christian" nations and promoting the Inquisition.

I am a great fan of the Star Wars expanded Universe of novels etc that continue the story of Luke, Leia, Han et al. In one of those novels I remember one character wondering how some people can so blighly accept Imperial occupation and another one responded "In every society there are always going to be those that wecome the Empire because they are already Imperial at heart". The bible did warn us that "By their fruits you'll recognize them" and that a corrupt heart will only produce corruption. The right wing survives because the people who most support it are already "Imperial at heart"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit