letter from jo'anne

by zerubberballz 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ms Empress,

Now here's a real non-typical stereotype in the making.

You(mother, wife, caregiver) are polishing off a 4th glass of wine, while I (male..enough said) stone cold sober, trying to figure out just when to put the turkey in the oven, when to start boiling the potatoes, whether my rue for the gravy will be to brown, and should I bake the popin fresh dinner rolls or cheat with the poly bag of sesame rolls. Also trying to figure out if I should pre-cook my apples and onions for the sweet and sour cabbage dish.

Something is askew here?

Naw I love the whole idea of Thanksgiving and the all day cook a thon.
    So ladies STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY KITCHEN!

During the last two hours of my cooking frenzy, I will be joining you in several glassed of wine. Me and the Galloping Gourmet.

Danny

• sf
    sf

Thumbs up to ya waiting; thx. hahahaha

Danny said:

"...should I bake the popin fresh dinner rolls or cheat with the poly bag of sesame rolls."

Both are crowd pleasers. Anything with sesame seeds is delicious.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

sKally, dining w/ 30 french friends tomorrow

wcrestnpeace

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Skally,

We would like a full critique on your french Thanksgiving Dinner. I love french style cooking, they unashamedly use butter, whenever and wherever they can, they are not afraid of cream, or any cheese. Puff pastry out of sight!...and not just in deserts.

Sounds like a really fun party...hope you have a grand time.

Danny

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ps Scally,

I agree sesame and poppy seeds add that little extra. Good idea I will serve both. One of my cooking issues is solved.

DB

• sf
    sf

Excellent Danny.

I'm comtemplating quite the meal. These are the same friends that have an annual Halloween bash w/ an incredible french spread.

No breakfast tomorrow, that's a given.

Sincerely, sKally

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Unk.

Sorry that you have been separated all these years from your nieces and nephews (screw the sisters), but I'm thinkin' what you're thinkin'.

Careful with the up and coming pc wiz, however. Extracting a cult member can be tricky, and if it's not done just right, can backfire.

Have fun in the bush. Holla when you get back.

tj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit