What The Future Holds- Gerrit Losch

by betweenworlds 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Losch has a rare talent. He can put people to sleep in various languages.

I remember when he gave the talk at my Spanish lang assembly in '06.

There was drool on my tie.

BTS

• VM44
    VM44

From the recording.

Hawaii Zone Visit 1/27/2008

"What the Near Future Holds"

Gerrit Losch

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

V, the download says it is "Hawaii Zone Visit 1/27/2008. He was introduced as the Zone
    Overseer for Hawaii at the beginning.

I was disappointed by this talk. Here is a Governing Body member who offers the same old
    stuff they have always been putting in their literature. He offers the WTS version of the
    Great Tribulation and the last days without any real proof or scriptural backing. Sure, he
    uses the scriptures, but then he tells everyone how they will have a modern fulfillment. There
    is no confirmation of their predictions. He just mentions older WT literature that he would
    expect everyone to read later. Whether they read it or not, all are expected to assume he
    knows what he is talking about, because he is so knowledgeable and mentions articles that
    discuss it.

I was upset when he mentioned that Jesus foretold earthquakes that cause the tsunamis.
    That's BS. Just makes it seem like it is true. Tsunamis are happening, earthquakes are
    causing them, so even though WTS has already gotten this wrong, they keep saying that
    there is an increase in earthquakes since the last days started.

Note this quote:

"What did Jesus mean with THIS GENERATION? Now many times in the Bible, the word
    GENERATION is applied to wicked people; a wicked generation, an adulterous generation, but it
    doesn't always have to have a negative connotation. Recently at the annual meeting, it was explained
    that the term, THIS GENERATION, refers to the generation of anointed Christians that will still be
    living at that part when the great tribulation is on."

This is their new doctrine. But he just says, "...it was explained..." What's wrong with helping
    your followers to understand this? Why can't you tell them how it so clearly the correct
    understanding. Are you afraid they won't understand? Is is such garbage that you don't want
    to have it said outloud? Virtually nobody in the audience understands this flipflop. Why not
    help them?

• sir82
    sir82

This is their new doctrine. But he just says, "...it was explained..." What's wrong with helping
    your followers to understand this? Why can't you tell them how it so clearly the correct
    understanding. Are you afraid they won't understand? Is is such garbage that you don't want
    to have it said outloud? Virtually nobody in the audience understands this flipflop. Why not
    help them?

Most likely explanation: He doesn't understand it himself!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I saw Losch give a talk on 3-15-08 that contributed to my awakening. He went through the same ol boring prophecies explaining what we expect in the near future, BtheG, wild beast, marking, sheep and goats, yadda yadda,... and (although I was still in my mindset somewhat of a dub) I thought to myself "I don't believe any of this!". I decided to seek out ExJWs 2 weeks later...

So maybe Losch is the best weapon apostates have, lol.

• Quandary
    Quandary

GL has always been a weird guy- He's the one who went on a tirade during a.m. worship one day about the evils of watching football!! He's a real wack job! I wouldn't take anything this idiot says seriously-

Q

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

Did you notice how the person introducing him kept calling him brother "Lush"? I thought that was hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit