I can only laugh

by treadnh2o 14 Replies latest jw friends

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I was just reading through some post(not intending to actually start a thread) and a sister calls to confirm our families service plans for tomorrow. The funny part is I told my wife earlier this week that this organization is complete B.S. Guess I'll be cool about it because my wife was not all that upset or surprised. My wife won't let anyone know my feelings as she understands the affect this will have on our kids. And I would deny my feelings to the BOE anyway just to screw with them. Anyway,now that I jumped the shark I should have plenty to add- Like the time I gave a public talk after 8 shots of vodka-"holy spirits" helped me through it. I need to go prepare my presentation for tomorrow in case someone comes to a door I pretend to knock on.

• hubert
    hubert
    I need to go prepare my presentation for tomorrow in case someone comes to a door I pretend to knock on.

Maybe you can hand them some "apostate" literature instead.

Welcome to the board.

Hubert

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hi and welcome to the board.

Paul

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I guess you could say you "jumped the shark" but it would be more appropriate to say
    their teachings have "jumped the shark."

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark):

Jumping the shark is a colloquialism used by U.S.TVcritics and fans to denote the point in a TV series at which the characters or plot veer into a ridiculous, out-of-the-ordinary storyline. Shows that have "jumped the shark" are typically deemed to have passed their peak, since they have undergone too many changes to retain their original appeal, and after this point critical fans often sense a noticeable decline in their quality.

The term is an allusion to a scene in a 1977 episode of the TV seriesHappy Days when the popular character Arthur "Fonzie" Fonzarelli literally jumps over a shark while water skiing. The scene was considered so preposterous that many believed it to be an attempt at reviving the declining ratings of the flagging show.

Welcome to the threads. We love stories about giving talks after 8 shots of anything.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey why don't you join my family. We'd love to have you. I'll even take the first door.

Welcome to the Real World.

om

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Welcome,

and how did that talk go?? After 8 shots of about anything.....I'd be on the bar, stripping!!

cbb

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Welcome Aboard!

• chickpea
    chickpea

it would appear more and more thinking is goin on in the rank and file and many are realizing the emperor wears no clothes

welcome to the truth about "the truth"

• loosie
    loosie
    Maybe you can hand them some "apostate" literature instead

You can write down some websites ( such as this one) or write " ignore this magazine. This is a cult" on an index card and stick inside the magazine so that the housholder will see it when you're not at the door.

• yknot
    yknot

Yea...dish about the talk...alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit