CT Scan

by Princess Daisy Boo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What everyone says about the CScan is right, and some Cat Scans require a contrast and that will only give your body all over a warm sensation and it doesn't take that long to do.

I had a CT scan last week on my back and I had it with the contrast dye and it was fine.

Orangefatcat

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Just hold really still, so they don't have to rescan anything. My daughter had one at 6 on her sinuses. The machine is scarier than the scan itself.

What's the matter with ya girl?

momz

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Last time I had one the doctor prescribed valium. It helped me with anxiety of being in a confined space.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks people - I am a little less stressed now!

I am having the scan because to check out my sinuses - I get sinus infections really often so the ENT has referred me - so nothing serious!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Boo

Had the same CT scan done a few years back. It's not at all uncomforatalbe or painful. Relax. Had the sinus op done and it was the best thing I could have done. Let us know how it goes.

xxx

J

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

HI PDB - I had a brain CT scan and no pain. you lie down, the machine goes **make a machine hydrolic sounding noise** lifts you up and - zap - slides you under the scanning thingie. you got lil goggles on your eyes. zwing zwang tssh over. You're zap out **machine noise** and you're good to go.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Don't worry about it, it is nothing. I had one a couple of weeks ago on my heart. I almost fell asleep. It was very relaxing. You have a pillow under your head and a wedge pillow under your knees. The machine kind of sounds like a jet engine starting up just a little more quiet than a jet. If they use contrast it will make you very warm. The tech told me I will feel like I tee tee on myself. It was kind of weird feeling like I tee teed but not really doing it. The contrast did not burn. It will be ok. Don't worry.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

So...how did it go?

Bet it wasn't as bad as you thought it'd be!!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

OK - I admit - I was a bit of a baby about the scan - I was in and our really quickly! Now I just need to see what the doc says.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Oh and thank you for the messages!

Love you guys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit