Pioneers who never do witnessing in the weekends (when people are home)

by yadda yadda 2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Were there many in your congregation? There used to be heaps in my old ones.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Unfortunately, all the pioneers in my former congregation were actually out in field circus every chance they got. And that included weekends.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Most of the pioneers where I came from were women, and they put in long days Monday thru Thursday. We didn't see them very often out in service on weekends. They didn't want to work with others who weren't as "serious" as they were about the ministry.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Typically the older pioneers did not go out on the weekends. However, it seems that if you were single and/or under a certain age, you were looked down upon if you were got our time during the week. They claimed that that pioneers were suppose to upbuild the congo and couldn't do that if they didn't go out on the weekends. And if you didn't go out on holidays...ha, then you were really a horrible pioneer.

• yknot
    yknot

Both of our largest pioneer clubs

1. Stay at home mom group.....Guilty as charged!

2. Older Sisters Meetup.....Guilty as charged!

Yep Mon-Thrus too.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

You get used to working with your "club" and hate going out with the congregation on the weekends. You have your own style and way about it, including the pioneer shuffle, and all the R&F just screw it up. Plus, you don't want to get stuck going out with the crazies.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

When I was pioneering in the early 70's, the elders picked on me for a while because I had a job that required me to work on Saturdays so I couldn't go out in service "with the congregation." It wasn't enough to put in 100 hours a month, they wanted me to arrange my life to do it at their convenience. I should have seen the big picture right then, stopped pioneering and signed up for college.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Neon, that was an issue with me too. Since I was an MS, the pressure was to be out with the congregation, especially since I conducted a book study of my own and needed to "look after them." Of course, the PO ALWAYS only went out with his own family. I NEVER went out in service with him--not once, even with growing up in the hall and pioneering for three years there. The hypocrisy was unbelievable. I tried so hard all week to get out of my comfort zone every day, and then just have the weekend to myself. But no, as a brother I had to set a good example. I wanted to set a good example of cuorse, an dif it weren't for that, I would have dropped out of pioneering long before.

• mind my own
    mind my own

In the congo's I was in the pioneers went out whenever they could, including many hours on the weekends. I hated being stuck with that group on Saturdays as most of my afternoon would be shot as well.

MMO

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I never saw such unhappy people as the group of full time pioneers we had at our hall. They were called The Seven Dwarfs. They were SO tired of each other and sniped all the time about and at each other. A particular target was one sister who was of the annointed and clocked HUGE hours but NEVER went to the field service arrangement...not EVER. Supposedly she had so many studies that she went directly from her bus driving job to her first study every day and didnt "feel the need" to go meet with the group since she felt her time was better spent with her study.

The reality was...she was probably right that it IS a waste of time and gas and energy to go meet with that crew. The truth ALSO was that they resented her! SHE had studies to GO TO. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit