Is Your Life THAT Much Better Off Since Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

My answer is "Yes" because I am now able to fully focus on what's really important.

Before, I spent at least 20 hours a week preparing for relatively unimportant things. I thought they were important, but they weren't. When I wasn't preparing for meetings, talks, service, shepherding calls, studies and so forth, I was thinking about them. As a result, I missed having a much more balanced life. I'm having fun trying to rectify that now!

• minimus
    minimus

They are the happiest people on earth, alright. They look like they're always depressed.

• chickpea
    chickpea

so much better for the family to be out of the doomsday atmosphere..... catching up on real life is so inspiring!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I probably would have been better off not knowing the real truth about the "troof", just living my life day to day. I am thankful I left it though, at least I have personal freedoms that were non existent then.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Witnesses love to say how "miserable" the "apostates" are when they

leave "The Truth".

How would you respond to this statement from your own personal experience??

Min: I have not been miserable at all since I left the Witnesses. I would not trade my life now for my life as a Witness even if the trade was accompanied by large amounts of cash LOL. Life without JWs -- PRICELESS!! Since I work in the public eye, the JWs of my town know that I am a happy, active person who is involved in many civic and charitable activities. I am frequently "out there" in their faces so to speak. JWs who have known me since birth avert their eyes when I walk past them in WalMart. I feel sorry for them. Pax, Ruth

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My life is more difficult because of the 31 years I spent as a JW.

But I have to think it is better and more enjoyable than when I was trapped in the tower.

After 75 came and went there was no way I could delude myself and keep a child like mind.

I am the one who chooses how to waste my time, not the Gibbering Body.

And I dont have to waste my time listening to lies with a smiling face and clappng my hands.

I dont have to get excitted every year in anticipation of a new announcement.

I dont have to be thrilled with extacy anticipating a circus seers visit or an upcoming assembly.

I dont have to rapidly build kingdumb halls.

So yes I have to say it is that much better.

I still dont have time to watch tv.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmm let'd see

• abusive husband/elder - gone
    • suicidal thoughts and plans - gone
    • high school drop-out - gone - left and got a professional diploma and a BA - although I still didn't finish high school
    • psychosomatic health problems
      • pinched nerve in neck - gone
      • IBS - mostly gone - definitely under control
      • headaches - gone
    • study only WT approved info - gone
    • attempts to be perfect elder's wife - gone
    • fears and phobias - gone
    • anxiety attacks - gone
    • severely negative sense of self-esteem - never good enough - gone

To be fair some of the above started before I became a witness but they ALL got worse while I was a JW

Is Your Life THAT Much Better Off Since Leaving The Witnesses? ABSOLUTELY!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Dumping their plastic Jesus in the trash bin was the best thing that ever happened in my life.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

That I have never been happier. I live my life true to myself, I am happy, have a deep sense of joy and have found a peace I never had before.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Of course it would have been much better if I could have left with a couple hundred thou in my pocket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit