"Wait On Jehovah"

by silentlambs 26 Replies latest jw friends

• searcher
    searcher

My answer to "Wait on Jehovah" would be
    "How do YOU know that I am NOT Jehovah's answer"?

steve

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Bill,

I think you'd be better served to keep projecting the idea that you believe in God, rather than to appear to blame Jehovah for not looking after his people in what you consider the appropriate manner and timing. I am not sure of your religious persuasion today, but your post would be read by an average JW and the reacton would be, "Look how he's completely lost faith in Jehovah!"

Dazed,

How could your husband remarry within six months? He must have had a scriptural divorce. Obviously he didn't commit 'adultery', get DFed, and reinstated that fast, did he?

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Just for fun, I did a search for "waiting on Jehovah" on the internet. One of the top hits is from a discussion forum under the topic "Pushing ahead." Here are a few of the questions and comments that interested me.

Ginny

From http://www.geocities.com/meskojay/Forum67/000040.html
    Discussion dated 23 June 2000.

Furmom:

The thought that some are "pushing ahead" was brought out on another thread. I had an interesting conversation with someone from my hall about what exactly this is. So I thought I'd ask here and get some viewpoints.

1. What do you consider "pushing ahead"?

2. How do you know when someone is not "waiting on Jehovah"?

3. Do you consider is not "waiting on Jehovah" if you know that someone was df'd wrongly and try to right this wrong?

andyman4:

1) Pushing or moving ahead can be good. A person has to be diplomatic and have a worthwhile suggestion though.

2) Not waiting on Jehovah-Someone who tries to change a doctrinal matter. Or keeps insisting a suggetion they made be implemented.

3) If a person has concrete evidence that a df'ing shouldn't have happened they can appeal. The df'd person shouldn't be afraid to inform the police if someone has committed a crime against her. An example can be a sister who has been raped.

Furmom:

I don't know, I always remember the widow that kept coming before one of the judges (maybe Solomon?) to get justice from her adversary at law. She got justice because she bugged him so much.

I sometimes think a little outspoken-ness would go a long way in the congregation. A lot less abuse of power will go on if injustices became common knowledge.

Kaleen:

I think the difference is attitude.
    Pushing ahead and pushy - could be a thin line.

The widow, we can assume, was at all times respectful, she humbly WAITED but she was persistant. She did not give up.

However, had she nagged or raised a large crowd of supporters what reaction would she have recieve. It does not say that she had a crowd at her back but that she alone went and petitioned.

Food for thought

shelby:

you are right about the widow, furmom, but she was petitioning the judge about her *own* case...i am simply wondering about the impropriety of becoming involved in a case that really isn't our own...and why the one who may be wronged can't seem to work up the passion you have for justice...

Starlite:

Kaleen, I agree with you. Your illustration makes a great deal of sense.

We are given the right to make our concerns known. If, in fact, there has been a injustice or oversight and we have brought it to the attention of the brothers invovlved in a respectful manner, the rest is up to them. If they fail to correct matters or investigate, perhaps form their own conclusions with a biased viewpoint, they will be held accountable.

That takes patience and faith on our part, there's no doubt about it.

Isn't it true that we can also be pushing ahead if we try to force on others speculations about Jehovah's plans for the future?

Or, let's say we complain that somethings are not done fast enough or that change is not happening when we feel it should be.

Could it be that Jehovah allows matters to take their course in a way that appears "slow" to us for a reason?

Just a few thoughts...

• waiting
    waiting

Wait on Jehovah

It can mean many things to a jw - most have been mentioned.

Cease acting.
    Cease thinking.
    Cease feeling.
    Cease remembering.
    Cease wondering.
    Cease talking.
    Cease reading.
    Cease being observant.
    Cease loving.
    Cease righteous anger.

In other words, cease being - just wait. A brother I know well had an extremely good case against his previous employer and a jw who played spy for that employer. Went to court, employer paid big time to settle.

The jw? Local elders played the old "he's your brother" to the man - man talked to his elder father in another cong. Elder told his son "Wait on Jehovah to solve the problem. Even if it takes a hundred years.....wait on Jehovah."

The son followed his advice, did nothing, and is waiting - within the organization.

Kinda like me.

waiting - outside the organization

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Regarding this "Wait on Jehovah Expression; actually,
    I have a very good Baptist minister friend in
    Tulsa, OK. who has helped free a number of
    Jehovah's Witnesses from the WT Borg.

Not only has he scripturally helped them with
    contraversial subjects like soul, spirit, body, trinity,
    and so forth; he has help them free themselves of
    Demons.

Demons do have names of course. The ones I think
    relevant here to share that they dealth with were
    those that called themselves jehovah, jesus, and
    holy Spirit.

Of course these, more properly expressed, were a
    false jehovah, a false jesus, and a false holy spirit.

So, when the WT says, Wait on Jehovah," one might realize
    that there are false jehovahs, in the spirit realm.

Actually, as the false prophet they are, this fits in
    with the WT scheme of things.

tp

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH! I really hate that phrase. I too heard it many times as an abused wife whose JW husband tried to choke her within the first month of marriage. I waited on Jehovah until an Awake article came in the mail detailing the abuse a sister sister had received for something like 20 years while married to a non-Jw)man. The man had finally come around, become a jw and had mended his ways and the sister was glad she'd hung in there and waited on Jehovah.

I read that article and saw her and consequently me for the fools we were and knew I would never wait for 20 years. I got out and took that article as the message from God that I'd been "waiting" for.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Wait on Jehovah" Means don`t do anything till we figure out how we`re gonna cover our ass!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit