To the Christians...

by VoidEater 32 Replies latest jw friends

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Void- it's a give and get thing- you give respect, therefore you receive it in kind. Any "true" Christian worth his or her salt will be tolerant to a fault. Sometimes we may push back a bit, but always being considerate of the other person's feelings. Isn't that what it is to love your neighbor as yourself? I think so. Thanks for your thoughtful post. It still blows me away that dubs are taught that Christians as a whole are not to be trusted. I know some dubs who refer to themselves as Christians- how does that jive???! -Potential

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I think I'm going to throw up!

Quite a few of the 'Christians' on this site are intolerant, judgmental and narrow minded.

Gladiator surely you would agree that it's always the stand out minority who make the majority look bad. Perhaps there are a few christians who post on JWD who are as you have described. However there are a lot who are nothing like that.

Try to recall the ones that don't behave in a manner that induces you to vomit!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Quite a few of the 'Christians' on this site are intolerant, judgmental and narrow minded

There you go talking about me again!!!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Dear Deputy: I have found your comments invigorating, often playful, and lots of fun!

Gladiator, I know, I know...what can I say? And yet - I have been happily surprised too often to avoid the cuddle.

Potential: 'tis true, that the WTS teaches fear, and I've also had my share of experiences that made me cautious around the faithful of any sort...and i appreciate the opportunity to continue to learn here...

MissP, indeed one of the things I have learned (about all sides of an inquiry)!

Dearest Mouthy: My grandmother on the board! You've healed a lot for me...you, dear lady, are everything my real grandmothers could never be, and that's a wonderfult thing!

• mouthy
    mouthy

OH How lovely a comment!!!! Now that means I have to hang my head out the window. ( looks out window. ) Oh NO it is too dark...I will do it tomorrow

Thank you void you made my night.....( & I will save it for tomorrow ((((HUG))))

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

For the record, I am in favor of people believing happy things. It is the torment of smart people that gets my dander up.

So long as all believers acknowledge that they are not as smart as me, and i should be respected as a smarter person, I've got no problem with them. (this is a joke folks)

Being an Ex-JW makes any man or woman my brother or sister.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Void~

Just when I was thinking no one would want to listen to what i have to say, you go and say something nice.

Problem with labels is that it groups people together under an umbrella that ignores the facts. Someone may claim to be a Christian and a follower of Christ, and walk an entirely different strut.

What is the person's fruitage? It tells all, no matter what the label says. There are very few walls that really exist when it comes to serving God. If only Men would stop errecting them.

Love

CL

• mouthy
    mouthy

There are very few walls that really exist when it comes to serving God. If only Men would stop errecting them.

Oh I like that

• snowbird
    snowbird
    There are very few walls that really exist when it comes to serving God. If only Men would stop errecting them.

The very first wall, according to The Message Bible:

Genesis 3:8 When they heard the sound of God strolling in the garden in the evening breeze, the Man and his Wife hid in the trees of the garden, hid from God.

Sylvia (oops)

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Hi Mouthy and snowbird!

We were released from a religion full of walls. Remember how they used to say we had to stay safe by staying in the organiztion? Yep, kinda like a sheep pen... alot of walls. Funny thing is, Jesus is the door to open pasture, not a man constructed building.

Snowbird, I like the observation on the scripture. Notice it was man who put the wall up, hiding with shame, covering themselves. It made me think of the promise in the scriptures.

Heb 10:19 Therefore, brothers, having boldness to enter into the Holy of Holies by the blood of Jesus, :20 by a new and living way which He has consecrated for us through the veil, that is to say, His flesh; :21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, :22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies having been washed with pure water. :23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering (for He is faithful who promised),

Boldness before the throne and the face of God, quite a difference then what happened in Genesis huh?!

CL(not a fan of organized religion)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit