What is my problem......

by loosie 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

I just got back from a church talent show that my cousin was in. She did very well I must say. But when I hear songs such as " Open the eyes of my heart lord" , " I can Only Imagine" or "Jesus take the wheel" Why does it make me want to run for the hills? I hard the hardest time enjoying the song and ignoring the words.

So I submit to the JWD therapists...... what is my problem?

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Perhaps it's because those songs are popular with today's Christians. Almost cultlike.

Actually, I like these new songs much more than I like the kingdom melodies. :-)

• TopHat
    TopHat

Maybe because asking Jesus to take the wheel reminds you of "phony fund raising" televangelist? :))

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

It could also be your Ingrained revulsion to all religions outside of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• juni
    juni

hey loosie...

I get the same way when I hear those phrases. For me it's leftover from the JW days and my own view of organized religion. For others they need formal religion in their lives and those songs and words fill a spiritual need.

• mouthy
    mouthy

creeps in this post & whispers "maybe the HOLY SPIRIT was working on your heart"

• juni
    juni

(((Grace)))

Hugs, Juni

• Layla33
    Layla33

Nothing is wrong, you might not like church music. I actually love it, especially the very emotional kinds, it is such a great change from the drone-like unemotional "Kingdom Melodies".

I was going to start a topic about separating religious music from the religion and still enjoying it.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    "Jesus take the wheel"

Maybe its because he never was taught to drive,

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((( Juni )))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit