Does anyone get scared?

by aud8 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• aud8
    aud8

Does anyone who has left the Organisation ever get scared at current world events and what they seem to be leading to? More and more the governments are getting fed up with religion, there is now more than even a call "for" peace rather than "of" peace and security. Bin Laden and his extremist religious views would give rise to the thought that governments WILL in the future be intent on eradicating religion altogether due to the trouble it causes. If this happens will it show that our views are wrong?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi,

Lets assume JWs are right.

First of all, do I want to be in a world ruled by a God who has killed 99% of the world population? NO.

There are many loving people out there who are part of many different faiths, including Catholicism, Islam, Buddhism, Paganism, etc. The JWs teach that God will destroy "babylon the great" and all those who are part of her. To be honest, I dont want to worship a God who would do that.

I am not scared that God will destroy me because I am not JW, because to be honest I dont think that JWs are the true religion (note all the lying and deceit and ask is that of God?). I am also not afraid of God destroying me, because if (and this is a looooonnng shot) JWs are right and Jehovah is going to kill me cause I dont "fit in" to the new world, then so be it! I'd rather die that have to exist giving worship to such a cruel God who would take away my freedom for eternity.

Sirona

• mommy
    mommy

Nope, I am not scared by world events. I know my sister is and after 9/11 she started studying again. I think it depends on why you exited the org and how much you have learned since you left. We all leave the org for different reasons, I do not have to list all of them here. But I will say that there are some are still loyal to the org, who feel perhaps they don't fit into the mold, but still believe it to be truth. This is the after effects of cult mentality. Until they are able to rationally look at the org and see it for what it is, they will continue to believe in a small part that it is the truth.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you want to believe something, you will. You can take bits and pieces of what the org says, and make it fit in with world events, but can you take all of what they say? Because that is what they demand, total belief in all of their doctrines. They are the ones who made that rule, not us
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• You Know
    You Know

Basically, apostates are in the position that they are in because they don't fear God. That's the problem. They imagine that there will be no day of accounting from the hand of Jehovah. We know better. / You Know

• Xena
    Xena

I am with Sirona on this one! If there is a God and he would kill all those people just because they don't worship a certain way...is that they kind of God you would want to worship anyway??? lol and would you really want to spend eternity with the Jdubs??? Sounds more like hell than paradise to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the life you have now...make the most of it..who knows what the future holds....

• mommy
    mommy

You know,
    I have the same problems with my children! I keep telling them if they don't appease me one day I will let them rot alive as the birds of the heaven eat the flesh off of their suffering bodies. Haha they have no fear! Wait until my judgement day gets here, then they will know. I am with you brother, fear without retribution is dead. One day they will see!
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• ianao
    ianao

You Know "Mused":

Basically, apostates are in the position that they are in because they don't fear God. That's the problem. They imagine that there will be no day of accounting from the hand of Jehovah. We know better. / You Know
    You Know, who the hell is this "We" you keep referring to? Are you referring to your wife and yourself? I can only guess because you don't "talk", act, or even think like any witness I know.

Also, have you ever thought that part of your own psychosis could be your fear in what you perceive? Probably not. I imagine it's beyond your usual realm of thought. Some people will (can?) never learn.

BTW, I hope you have a wonderful day.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Basically, apostates are in the position that they are in because they don't fear God. That's the problem. They imagine that there will be no day of accounting from the hand of Jehovah. We know better.

I'm not sure on what basis you make this statement. I know many "apostates" (by Watchtower definition) who are very God-fearing, more than any JW I ever knew. And they absolutely believe, as I do, that there will be an ultimate day of accounting from God. We just don't believe in the unscriptural Armageddon presented by the Watchtower, in which its petty and vindictive god will destroy eternally 99.9% of the human race for not recognizing "his" organization despite its lies, false prophecies and unloving practices.

And when you say "we know better," I'm not sure whom you are including in the "we" besides yourself. After observing you on this board, it is blatantly obvious to me that you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, or at least, if you are technically a member of the JW organization, you are not in harmony with their practices. I have seen you argue politics and economics, thus making yourself 'part of the world,' according to Watchtower definition. I have seen you take issue with the Watchtower's official policies, which, by Watchtower definition, makes you an apostate yourself. Also, your very presence here associating with "apostates" over a long period of time, is evidence, by Watchtower definition, of your being an unrepentant sinner. If the elders knew what you are doing, you would surely be disfellowshipped, despite your protests to the contrary.

Yes, there will be an ultimate day of accounting, and hypocrites will not fare well on that day.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• You Know
    You Know
    You Know, who the hell is this "We" you keep referring to? Are you referring to your wife and yourself? I can only guess
    because you don't "talk", act, or even think like any witness I know.

I can assure you that I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. And when I say "we" I am referring to Jehovah's Witnesses. / You Know

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

I don't have much time to gather my thoughts here but it was mentioned that the governments are growing tired of religion. I am not really sure I am seeing that. IMO religion is not the culprit here. What we are seeing is the Bin Ladins of the world using religion as a tool to control and dominate. In other words they are more interested in power than in pleasing God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit