People Meant To Live Forever

by choosing life 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Hows THAT for a depressing idea?

It isn't depressing at all!

We all have to make way for new blood and new ideas. It is good for the race as a whole.

In a sense, our own children are our guarantee of immorality so long as humanity survives. We pass our genes, and our memes, on to them.

We are all threads in the tapestry. Stand back from your own thread, and behold the beauty of the whole.

Burn-who doesn't want to live in this world forever.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I took anatomy and physiology in college and the text book and teacher taught programmed cell death. I'm pretty sure the teacher was an evolutionary atheist. And what he and the book said went over his head.

But programed cell death to me indicates a programer. I take it as a possible freudian slip. Or maybe some creation scientist were involved with writing the text book and that was their clandistine message.

It depends on what you want to believe, if you believe in atheistic evolution then we are not supposed to do anything and we are lucky to be here.

If you believe in God, and that he and the debil are having a pissing contest. I guess were still lucky to be here and we have baggage.

Either way you can find lots of people to join your army or you join theirs on either side of the issue.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When you read Hebrews heres a place to find it and a comment to think about with it.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/reincarnation-Hebrews9-27.htm

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I would say that human beings are not designed to live forever and I'll tell you why.

It's because of our teeth. After our baby teeth fall out, we only have one set of teeth. Our skulls are not designed with any provision to grow new ones. What happens when our teeth wear out or decay? We wind up having to get dentures or just gum our food, right?

If mankind were to live forever, God would have to miraculously redesign our skulls (to correct a design flaw, perhaps?) so that we could grow new teeth, or miraculously make it so our teeth never wear out.

Either way, it shows that we are not, at least at this moment, designed to live forever. We are, just like any other animal, "designed" to be born, to live, to grow old, and to die.

CyrusThePersian

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It's because of our teeth. After our baby teeth fall out, we only have one set of teeth. Our skulls are not designed with any provision to grow new ones. What happens when our teeth wear out or decay? We wind up having to get dentures or just gum our food, right?

The dreaded tooth argument. I have yet to see this one defeated.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    The dreaded tooth argument. I have yet to see this one defeated.

its a proven fact that the izzylite's shoes didnt wear out whilst in the wilderness. Proven by the fact that you never find their worn out sandels there. If Joehovah could do that... just think what he could do with teeth???!!!

oh ya and antimatter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit