It is official. I am an elder now!

by outofthebox 99 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82
    As soon as I finish my mission, I will be out.

Didn't George W. say that 5 years ago?

Good luck, I have a feeling you'll need it.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Outofthebox,

I suppose you weighed all the arguments in the scale before making this decision, but wasn't there a more straightforward way to help those who are in doubts ? It seems to me that you are engaging in a very uncomfortable double life, regarding your relations to your family and close friends, and consciencewise.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Okay, I have figure out what I want to say and it is nothing but "do well on your journey, no matter what that may be, you will learn things you probably didn't expect."

With that being said, I would like to start guessing how long it will be before he is detected:

My guess: Exactly 6 months.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Everyone has their own opinion. I just want to tell you to follow your heart, and do what you need to do.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Aligot, I was already in that situation. I was a MS. Layla33, The bet is on. I'll say 2 years. But, hopefully I can get my family to think in 1.5 years. ;)

• Pickled
    Pickled

The one big problem with your walking on both sides of the fence at the same time is that, when you slip, your nuts get smashed. It's not only humiliating, but also a great visual for the remaining elders to use as an example illustrating the dangers of independent thinking. Good luck on that "mission."

• thepackage
    thepackage

ootb: Plese be carfeul, your family may become more emotionally invested now that you are an elder and that "escape" may be harder. Remenber, there is more gossip and rumors is an elder leaves vs. a lazy publisher. Best wished on your course.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Your avatar and screen name in connection with your current JW position......

.....in a certain light quite funny. A real out of the box approach........

Good luck and keep us posted about your experiences.

I'd say though that the paedophile question is rather peculiar because they only pose it right before the announcement.....as if it is nothing. (relating to both the question and position.....

Cheers

Borgia

• mavie
    mavie

Wishing you the best. I've been there. Only you can decide what is right for you.

Now that you are an elder...can I get a copy of my personal file?

• Honesty
    Honesty

My friend, Jace was an elder who extricated his entire family out of the cult.

Just keep in mind that you will be coming face to face with the Watchtower's god every day that you remain in the cult and serve as an elder:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit